Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolleiflex DHW New Electronic Shutters: Info & Price?  (Read 3163 times)

JoeKitchen

Rolleiflex DHW New Electronic Shutters: Info & Price?
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:34 am »

As far as I can read, Rollei DHW showcased new shutters this year at Photokina that are much improve from the previous model.  Improvements include faster shutter speeds of up to 1/1000s, the use of a mini USB cord with an angled port (great for recessed lens boards unlike Sinars thick cable that comes straight out) with the possiblity to control the shutter with a iPhone or iPad.  

However, I can only find a one paragraph description with a single photo/rendering of the new design.  Does any one have more knowledge on these and what the price point would likely be?  

Also, I have heard from someone else that Rollei DHW could be not a great company to invest money into considering how much dificulty they have gone through in the last fews years.  They could disappear and you would be left with a product and no support.  Is this the case?  Or can someone be confident that you will have support for a product if purchased?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:15:06 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Rolleiflex DHW New Electronic Shutters: Info & Price?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:24 am »

I'm also really excited about these shutters. The fact that they have continued to innovate and bring out new stuff and updates signals that they are stronger than they were a few years back. 
Rolleiflex USA

gazwas

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:46:41 am »

+1 Got me excited also!

I think it was one of the most interesting releases at this years Photokina and would love more information on them.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:12:37 pm »

Joe

I did take a look at the shutter on photokina. It´s size 0 and I think what they actually have done is put a shutter from the HY6 into a standard copal/orsimilar made round housing.
the connection to the computer is by USB, you will need to use it from the computer tethered. The prototype siftware they showed was windows only, very basic and still at the develloper stage I´d say, it crashed 2 times in the 10 minutes I looked at it. Other than that the shutter seems to be very promising and they said they could prbably do an iPhone app if the shutter would not pull so much power; I showed them my iPhone 4 with the Mili 3000mAh battery I use and they said that could be a solution.

In short: give them some time and this thing is going to be awesome !

Regards
Stefan
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

lance_schad

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 03:23:56 pm »

Joe came across this today. Not sure if you are still going down the Electronic Shutter Route, but here is some info on using the Sinar E shutter w/ Phase One Backs:
http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=2020&LanguageID=1

Lance
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:53 pm »

That's interesting Lance, thanks for sharing.

It's great to see another shutter solution.    In addition to the Sinar you showed, Schneider has one, and Horseman and the existing Rollei....    I think only the Rollei shutters go to 1/500th though and the new ones they are making may go to 1/1000th.   

I really have my hands crossed for the newer Rollei with USB.   I had wanted to shrink the Rollei Lens Controller S using one of the arduino or other microcontrollers and asked DHW if I could get the circuit diagrams or wiring information but they didn't want to give them out.  :-(

But think of what would be possible with an iphone or other small controller and the electronic shutters....   

Rolleiflex USA

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:48 am »

Hello together,

this is my first post in this forum. So I hope I won't do any fault.

At the moment the new electronic shutter size 0 is in the last phase of its development and will release it at the beginning of the second quarter of this year. The price for a german end user will be 1.499 € incl. VAT.

We will update our homepage with further information about this product and also release an english version of our homepage asap.

For now I can provide the following link for first deeper information about the nex shutter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vjo1pjn57c3k6u/DHW_HS_1000.pdf

Best regards,

Johannes Hartje

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:15 am »

I can't tell you how great it is to have you on the board, Johannes.  Thank you for the update--it's very helpful.
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 04:48:53 am »

I can't tell you how great it is to have you on the board, Johannes.  Thank you for the update--it's very helpful.

My pleasure :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up