Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Untitled  (Read 4004 times)

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Untitled
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:09:31 am »

"Will delete promptly if any offence taken". Title modified based on a suggestion below.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:11:46 pm by kencameron »
Ken Cameron

stamper

Re: Pussy in the Woods (no offence meant)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 07:15:55 am »

No offence taken but the image doesn't have much going for it other than the obvious connotation. ;)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:46:36 am »

And it may not but it sure brought a chuckle to my face. ROFLMAO!
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:54:40 am »

Good catch!

;D
Francois

michswiss

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:09 am »

Where's the cat?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

Come on, Ken. You're only supposed to see that kind of metaphor when you're in your teens and have it at the front of your mind all the time.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 11:40:24 am »

Come on, Ken. You're only supposed to see that kind of metaphor when you're in your teens and have it at the front of your mind all the time.

That's a man who thinks about things as opposed to someone of the age that can still do it without a thought, speaking.  ;D
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

One of those cases where a title "Untitled" would be so much more appropriate. Letting the viewer come to his own conclusion, even more so. Letting certain things unspoken, priceless.

No offense taken, but no pleasure either.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 02:10:45 pm »

The thing is, in certain kinds of australian forests, similar sights are in front of one's eyes all the time. Bark falls of the trunks and gets caught in the forks. Slobodan's point about the title is a good one.
Ken Cameron

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Re: Untitled
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 04:21:20 pm »

Another one.
Ken Cameron

nemo295

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:47:22 pm »

Both photos are a total bore, as is the discussion about their resemblance to a woman's crotch.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 12:59:42 am »

Both photos are a total bore, as is the discussion about their resemblance to a woman's crotch.
Thanks for the feedback, Doug. Everyone else too.
Ken Cameron

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:25:09 am »

What I find more interesting about this thread than the obvious metaphor is how you guys can spend hours upon hours upon hours discussing the merits or lack thereof of Mitt Romney's halo and not particularly ever have one solid agreement betwixt you and you find this sophomoric. While I thought it was funnier than the proverbial cat up a tree shot and did think it went too far with the second addition, Ken was quite honest in his presentation when he clearly stated - "Will delete promptly if any offence taken."  One simple, "I'm offended" post would have made this all go away.

Mitt, where are you when you finally have a purpose?

stamper

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:34:42 am »

Opinions differ as you quite rightly point out.

"and not particularly ever have one solid agreement betwixt you"

but that is one that can be discounted? :)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 09:55:45 am »

Not sure I understand your response.  :)

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Re: Untitled: Feedback on the Feedback
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 03:48:13 pm »

One simple, "I'm offended" post would have made this all go away.
I think people were bored rather than offended, and if I asked for the removal of every posted photograph that bores me....well, where would that end? ;)

Where it all leaves me is thinking that I need to work harder on the abstract visual interest of the shots and push the metaphor into the background, without getting rid of it altogether. I was trying for that in the second posted shot, enhancing the shadows on the trunks and the contrast between the trunks and the blurred background but clearly the whole metaphor thing overwhelmed that, to say nothing of particular details on the shot.

What I haven't concluded is that the shots aren't worth taking. I walk there most days and find the newly naked tree trunks and the fallen bark endlessly beautiful, but the crotch metaphor unavoidable - even the greatly aged (like you, Russ ?) would be sure to notice it. And I believe in photographing what I find striking and going after my real reaction to it rather than looking for examples of pre-existing photographic paradigms. In this case, my reaction is to the beauty and the metaphor, but one of them is subtle and the other crude, so I am not sure if it is possible to do both in one shot.

Thanks again to everyone.

Ken Cameron

WalterEG

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

Ken,

As a fellow antipodean I have noticed and photographed these same phenomena frequently over a lifetime.  It is no big deal.

I suspect that the title, or being told what to see, may have somewhat disenfranchised the shots in some (many) quarters.  Some things are possibly best left to be "FOUND".

Maybe some judicious contouring of the 'limbs' in photoshop could have enhanced the trail to visual discovery.

Anyway, I like 'em (the pictures) and got a breakfast chuckle out of them.

Cheers,

W

stamper

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 04:13:15 am »

Not sure I understand your response.  :)

You attempted to take the thread of course by a post that should have possibly been posted in the original thread?
If you thought that some of the posters didn't have a clue surely then the original thread is where the comment should have been stated where the posters involved could have defended themselves, hence the reason for my answer. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up