Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello + a few selections  (Read 598 times)

sansbury

Hello + a few selections
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:02:42 pm »

Hello all and pleasure to meet everyone. I'm an amateur who grew up with an FM-2 and a darkroom in our basement. My father was an art director in the fashion industry in NYC so I got to meet and spend some time with a lot of very good photographers and considered it seriously as a career path for a while in HS, but I ended up in the software industry after a brief tour as a newspaper reporter.

This past August/Sept I took a long-overdue 5-week vacation (my last real vacation had been in 2005) and decided it was a good reason to buy a decent camera. I ended up with an E-M5 which has since been augmented by a proper calibrated monitor and an Epson 3880. Here are some of my favorite shots from the trip.

Along the Chief Joseph Highway in Wyoming

Sunset on the Chesapeake

Florence, Oregon (a great little town a couple hours south of Portland)

And just for something completely different, here's one from my home town of Boston, this past Sunday when the 65-degree weather brought everyone out to enjoy what might be the last warm day until sometime around Easter.

The combination of the E-M5 and 3880 is the first really good digital setup I've had in a long time--about ten years back I picked up a Sony DSC-V1 (5MP enthusiast compact) and whatever Epson's first consumer 13x19 printer was circa 2003. After that I started my software company and didn't see much besides my desk so didn't bother upgrading or paying much attention to the progress that had been made. This is the first digital setup I've had where the B+W feels like what I used to get with Plus-X and good F-surface paper. All in all it's made me excited to dive back into this again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up