Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble w firmware updater iPF8300  (Read 772 times)

smjphoto

trouble w firmware updater iPF8300
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:47:33 pm »

Hi All,
I'm a very long term LuLa reader, but only recently re-joined the forum. I've used epson 4000 and 4880 for many years without significant issues. Recently I decided to finally make the move to larger prints (partially motivated by the use of the d800). After researching and agonizing at length, I bought a canon 8300. I couldn't refuse the price(basically the cost of full inks) and the allure of a low clog reputation. I'm still getting to know the canon and have much to learn. I will say the large prints are very impressive.
My dealer contacted me recently after he returned from a Canon trade group meeting. He said I should update the firmware as the newest one would help reduce early head wearout due to heat issues. Since this has been about the only concern I've read about with these printers, it sounds like the right thing to do.

Problem is, i can't get the software updater to see the printer. I'm using the ethernet connection. The printer responds when I ask it to print correctly. I make sure the printer isn't asleep. What more can I do? Is anyone else having / had this problem?

Also, I just want to say thanks for all the amazing help and info I've received from you guys over many years. This website has been the backbone of my digital journey.
Stuart

smjphoto

Re: trouble w firmware updater iPF8300
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:42:45 am »

After talking to canon, I gave up and used a laptop w a USB cable to the printer. No problem updating via USB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up