Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: more sand  (Read 5439 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: more sand
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:50 am »

I'm also glad that you had luck with the weather and went to DV. It's an amazing, magical place but it can be quite hostile once temperatures go above 45°c (112F). I just hope that you have no hard feelings against me for my "bad" advice.

Of course not! As I wrote, I'm sure it was genuinely given and I can easily believe it would be uncomfortable if much hotter.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 12:31:08 pm »

Of course not! As I wrote, I'm sure it was genuinely given and I can easily believe it would be uncomfortable if much hotter.

Jeremy

Good! I feared that you would crush my head with your tripod!
 8)
Francois

Isaac

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »

I was on my own, so I thought I'd better be more cautious. ... I loved the dunes but I found the whole place quite marvellous, with its wonderful contrasting landscapes in a fairly small area.

Many years ago, I drove the washboard dirt road north, out of Death Valley, in an ordinary low-clearance 2WD car -- and remember the recurrent feeling that this would be a bad time for something to shake loose in the engine.

Dirt roads remind you that Death Valley NP is big.

The more intelligent route to my destination Eureka Dunes is out-and-back from Big Pine, along the mostly paved road. ("From the Ubehebe Crater Road you must travel 44 miles of graded dirt to the dunes. From the town of Big Pine there are 28 miles of paved road and 21 miles of graded dirt to the dunes. The final 10 miles of both routes is the narrow South Eureka Road.")
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:51:00 pm by Isaac »

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »

Robbie, I have a hunch you and Scott need to calibrate your monitors. I don't see a blue cast in the shadows with either of my desktop computer monitors calibrated with the Spyder 3 and constantly kept in calibration through the online Spyder sensor.

I calibrated with a Spyder4 and this makes Jeremy's image look even more blue on a MacBook Pro. Relative to the old color profile, the warm hues in the sunny patches are also cooler.    ???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up