Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy  (Read 1621 times)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
Hurricane Sandy
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:03:01 pm »

A cop scolded me for being 'opportunistic' and called me a pleasure seeker; I just like taking pictures !

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:08:01 pm by Paul Ozzello »

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
Re: Hurricane Sandy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 07:04:49 pm »

more...

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »

more...

stamper

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:49:55 am »

Paul this is a critique and not a photo gallery. 12 images is too much for the members to view and comment on. I think the cop might have a point? :)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 03:53:43 am »

The only ones that interest me artistically are numbers 8 & 9. The others are just photos of stuff. 8 & 9 are really quite good.

james-greenland

• James Greenland Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 05:58:12 am »

I agree with the comments so far... way too many shots to consider - all you'll get is a  subjective 'which one is best' rather than an actual critique.

That being said I'm going to go along with it. 9 is the one that stood out for me. Though the composition of 11 caught my eye, the houses to the left look a bit blown out...

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:53:32 am »

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite is #3 as it conveys a story, the water is still there but a bit of blue sky pierces through the dark sky, giving a sign of hope that the worst if over.

Overall I find the skies a bit over done.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:10 am »

Paul this is a critique and not a photo gallery. 12 images is too much for the members to view and comment on. I think the cop might have a point? :)

I'll limit o 4 next time :) I posted all 12 because the images work better as a series.

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:50 am »

The only ones that interest me artistically are numbers 8 & 9. The others are just photos of stuff. 8 & 9 are really quite good.

I'm glad you touched on the subject of what one might find artistic. I was attracted to the first image because of the "southern stereotype" in a wealthy neighborhood in New Jersey. I almost felt anger myself seeing the hardship these people were going and then also having to deal with looters; the house in #6 was just across the street and had a sign that read "Nothing, you took it" - unbelievable. #7 was interesting because of the left over sand left by the storm surge. I like the piles of stuff, so neatly stacked it was almost surreal. Thanks for taking the time to review :)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 10:36:59 am »

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite is #3 as it conveys a story, the water is still there but a bit of blue sky pierces through the dark sky, giving a sign of hope that the worst if over.

Overall I find the skies a bit over done.

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi Bernard,

I appreciate the comments.

I decided to exaggerate the sky a bit to add to what I felt was a very surreal moment; the dollhouse like homes, endless piles of neatly stacked stuff on tidy lawns surrounded by destruction, a beautiful sky that made you question how bad the storm really was... Maybe the effect would be better in black and white.

Paul

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 10:41:12 am »

I agree with the comments so far... way too many shots to consider - all you'll get is a  subjective 'which one is best' rather than an actual critique.

That being said I'm going to go along with it. 9 is the one that stood out for me. Though the composition of 11 caught my eye, the houses to the left look a bit blown out...

ok ok, point taken - fewer images next time ;)

I'll try burning in the houses - glad you liked a few of them :)

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up