Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bling  (Read 1396 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Bling
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »

Posted this earlier in a different thread (Without Prejudice), but decided to change the crop into a panoramic one:

Bling by Slobodan Blagojevic, on Flickr

All comments welcome (critical especially).

quickhiker

Re: Bling
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:36:01 pm »

an enchanting image. I like it. I find my eye drawn to her fingertip caught in the ring of one of the necklaces... it feels distracting, but there is enough going on in the image that it is just one more waypoint for the eye. Nicely done.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »

an enchanting image. I like it. I find my eye drawn to her fingertip caught in the ring of one of the necklaces... it feels distracting, but there is enough going on in the image that it is just one more waypoint for the eye. Nicely done.
I agree.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

WalterEG

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:05:39 pm »

Slobodan,

I recall this from early and I do far prefer this crop.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:14:19 pm »

The intersecting circles of the eye and the rings seem to compete for attention. Otherwise very likable.

francois

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:47 am »

The intersecting circles of the eye and the rings seem to compete for attention. Otherwise very likable.

Good catch. I spent a long moment with this image and was a bit bothered by something. But I couldn't find what was causing it. It's not a problem and I love the image.
Francois

walter.sk

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:41 am »

Very pleasing combination, using the jewelry as both a main interest as well as a kind of barrier to seeing the model.  It creates tension but is handled well.

One aspect bothers me, and that is the turquoise on the left.  The density of the silver chains on the left seems enough to form the boundaries of the picture, and act to frame it.  then, the move back to the less dense area to its left, coupled with the turquoise color, seems to pull me away from the main picture.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 11:53:19 am »

... I find my eye drawn to her fingertip caught in the ring of one of the necklaces... it feels distracting...

Just to clarify: it is a stone (of the same color as her fingernails) in that ring, not her fingertip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up