Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Gate  (Read 4213 times)

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
Water Gate
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »

A very simple image for me...about light colours and textures...all thoughts/opinions welcomed
Shaun

Water Gate by Shaunwalby Photography, on Flickr
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

Tony Jay

Re: Water Gate
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »

Simple but good.
Lovely peaceful scene with very pleasant tones and colours - I like it.

Tony Jay

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:01:58 pm »

Simple but good.
Lovely peaceful scene with very pleasant tones and colours - I like it.

Tony Jay
+1.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:24:53 am »

Oh, yes! I very good image that perfectly gives a sense of autumn. I can easily imagine a frosty ground in the early morning and then some warmth coming from the low sun. Not yet winter but summer is long gone.

Bravo!
Francois

shaunw

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »

Thanks Tony Eric and Francois....Francois you were spot on that's exactly what the morning was like, this was a walk about shot handheld using the canon 24-105mm which is proving very useful...the shot is not my normal sort of thing...I might have to do walk about more I enjoyed the day.

Cheers Shaun
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams

stamper

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:03:30 am »

Right now the weather outside is awful and it has been all week and into the bargain you post this image. Are you trying to make me more miserable? Unfortunately the autumn colours have disappeared and when the sun eventually appears then I can't go out and find a similar scene. You are a masochist posting an image as fine as this. :'( ;)

framah

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 10:32:55 am »

Just a note here... a masochist likes to inflict pain or have pain inflicted on themselves where a sadist likes to inflict pain on others.

Carry on..
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

shaunw

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:53:33 pm »

Stamper...many apologies for inflicting such pain unnecessarily, as I live in Yorkshire northern England iam only too well aware that the winter may be long damp and cold...having spotted a ridge of high pressure coming over it had to be done....as the next crisp clear bright sky day may be some time away :-X

Won't be long before we're all posting the white stuff shots....joy I love the the crisp cold not that keen on the damp dull stuff.

Larry Heath

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »

Oh, boy I do like this one.

I love the warmth, but yet I can still feel the cold in the air.

Later Larry

stamper

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 04:06:32 am »

Just a note here... a masochist likes to inflict pain or have pain inflicted on themselves where a sadist likes to inflict pain on others.

Carry on..
   From Wikipedia

n psychiatry, the terms sadism and masochism describe a personality type who may be male or female characterized by the individual deriving pleasure and gratification from either inflicting or receiving physical pain and/or humiliation,

Unquote

A masochist inflicts pain therefore where's the merit of your post? Unless of course you wanted to inflict pain because you thought I had got it wrong? ;) :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »

From Wikipedia

n psychiatry, the terms sadism and masochism describe a personality type who may be male or female characterized by the individual deriving pleasure and gratification from either inflicting or receiving physical pain and/or humiliation,

Unquote

A masochist inflicts pain therefore where's the merit of your post? Unless of course you wanted to inflict pain because you thought I had got it wrong? ;) :)

As so often with Wikipedia, the definition is very clumsily phrased. A sadist gains (usually sexual) pleasure by inflicting pain; a masochist gains (usually sexual) pleasure from receiving pain. It is possible, if one knows the definitions, to read the Wikipedia entry you quote in such a way as to derive the correct definitions, but I agree that it's difficult: it would be improved, perhaps, by deleting "either" and inserting "respectively" before "physical":

…sadism and masochism describe personality types characterised by the individual's deriving pleasure from inflicting or receiving (respectively) physical pain…

Jeremy

jeremypayne

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 02:10:09 pm »

You got it wrong ... Jeremy is correct.

stamper

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 03:28:41 am »

You guys seem to have a lot of knowledge with respect to this subject, Care to share some of your experiences? The joking comment I made was framed as such that he inflicted pain and also received some pleasure from doing so. As stated a joke. Now you can all go back to your deviant pleasures. ;) :D

stamper

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 03:32:44 am »

As so often with Wikipedia, the definition is very clumsily phrased.

Unquote.

You think you have a better knowledge than Wikipedia? If that is true then I won't be conversing with you again. I haven't a chance of winning any conversations.  :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 04:26:19 am »

As so often with Wikipedia, the definition is very clumsily phrased.

Unquote.

You think you have a better knowledge than Wikipedia? If that is true then I won't be conversing with you again. I haven't a chance of winning any conversations.  :)

I have a reasonable level of general knowledge. I don't find it difficult to use a dictionary, nor do I regard Wikipedia as other than a sometimes useful preliminary step to the finding of information, always to be checked and never to be credulously believed.

Jeremy

shaunw

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 02:57:33 am »

I got the title wrong with this one didn't I...clearly is should have been called "strapped to the gate"  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up