Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Credo USB 3  (Read 24882 times)

gerald.d

Re: Leaf Credo USB 3
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 06:37:23 am »

Credo and IQ users will be the first to know as soon as USB3.0 is enabled and released.

Read this

Yair

I thought that link was going to be to some news on the matter :)

Yair - can you confirm that both the IQ and the Credo have a USB port that will fit that connector in the Wikipedia image I linked to earlier?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:46 am »

Yair - can you confirm that both the IQ and the Credo have a USB port that will fit that connector in the Wikipedia image I linked to earlier?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Hi Gerald, the cable that is supplied with the backs (3 metres) looks like the one on the left in this image:

If you look at the little door on the left hand side of your IQ you will see that it is moulded with the same shape

Yair
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:54:08 am by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

gerald.d

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:12 am »

Cheers.

I assume you mean left though, yes? :)

Just out of interest, what is the difference between that connection and the one I linked to?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:05 am »

Cheers.

I assume you mean left though, yes? :)

Just out of interest, what is the difference between that connection and the one I linked to?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Yes of course Left...thanks!

The smaller connector is normally used for small peripherals such as portable hard drives etc.
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 09:33:18 am »

Spoken like a spoiled 5 year old. ::) ::)

When have I ever said that the image quality was sub par. Also never said nothing beats a Fuji with film. In case you want to know my preferred format was Polaroid 8x10 (and
for a full disclosure ... yes I was blessed to be sponsored by Polaroid.

I've noticed Fred when you don't have a solid defense or want to ignore something you deflect. "Spoken like a spoiled 5 year old"?  Your response is more like the school yard bully that when he can't think of anything else to say he yells and stamps his feet attempting to start a fight.  You've made it clear many times both here and at other places your dislike for anything from Phase, Leaf and Mamiya.

You say you've left digital medium format behind yet you continue to attack the format with argumentative posts and providing nothing but a negative attitude in general.  You are continually asked to supply your own samples to back up your theories yet you continue deflect and ignore.

I'll admit my posting was part tongue-in-cheek and part sarcasm.  Your response was expected and you didn't disappoint.

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

Can you both please retreat to your corners and nurse your feelings quietly? Lets move on.....
Geoff

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 10:06:17 am »

Can you both please retreat to your corners and nurse your feelings quietly? Lets move on.....

Sorry (sort of...)

:P

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 11:22:25 am »

Leaf Credo USB 3.

Is it working yet? ....

Not buying... may need to rent....

Why is it that I find this incredibly hard to believe, and instead I see an incredibly thinly veiled (very thin indeed) attempt to mask yet another crusade against medium format digital.  Feigned ignorance about the IQ/Credo implementation of USB3, from what seems to be a master Google searcher::)  For someone who so publicly denounced medium format digital, about as close as you can get to damning the entire medium format digital industry, and proclaiming the new messiah had been found in the Nikon D800 (nay, seated at the right hand of the Fuji GX680) you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time in the medium format forums.  IMHO, your personal bias and nattering nay-bob of negativity crusade diminishes your credibility in other photographic subject matter outside of medium format digital, which is too bad since it seems you do have actual experience to share in other areas.  Andy Biggs' troll definition or button?  If there were an ignore button implemented, there would probably be nary a thread left from you with a positive contribution to medium format digital.  In legal parlance, there is something called standing.  You lack standing because you admittedly don't have a MFDB. You have condemned the whole industry, and gone to Nikon.  No reason for you to complain (anymore) though others with MFDBs may.  Different cameras platforms, formats, etc. are just tools. Everyone has different needs/expectations/desires.  I certainly have no need for the paternalistic and patronizing attitude.

USB3 doesn't work with the IQ or Credo yet; that's no big secret.  But I think it'd just be easier to say not only does USB3 not work, but medium format digital as a whole just doesn't work for you either.  We got that long ago.  But firewire does work for a tethered solution and it is rock solid if you do need to rent.  My guess is that the delay in implementing USB3 may have to do with the recently released Capture One Pro 7.  Sometimes it's just better to wait to get things to play together nicely.  Is the lack of USB3 implementation a deal-killer for you?  I doubt it; you left and condemned in a huff the entire medium format digital industry long ago.  Quite frankly, forget medium format digital. You have a D800 and it does everything possible for you without the need for a MFDB.  DxO told you so.

Leaving medium format digital?  Oh well, Buh-bye.

http://www.nycaviation.com/2012/02/video-buh-bye-from-snls-total-bastard-airlines/#.UJp6c4fAfNI

;D

FredBGG

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 11:42:30 am »

USB3 doesn't work with the IQ or Credo yet; that's no big secret. 

Just one question for you. Don't you think that it would be honest to state under specification on the Mamiya Leaf website that
USB 3 is not implemented yet and that there is as of now no date by which it will be implemented.

Rather funny that you question my credibility while you just have a knee jerk fan boy reaction to anything you don't like to hear about
your idols.

FredBGG

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 11:50:13 am »

Credo and IQ users will be the first to know as soon as USB3.0 is enabled and released.

Read this

Yair

Still no time frame after more than a year with the IQ and a bit less than that with the Credo.
Don't you think it would be more honest to state on the websites that it is or may be a future feature,
and that it does not function currently.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 12:13:39 pm »

Just one question for you. Don't you think that it would be honest to state under specification on the Mamiya Leaf website that
USB 3 is not implemented yet and that there is as of now no date by which it will be implemented.

Rather funny that you question my credibility while you just have a knee jerk fan boy reaction to anything you don't like to hear about
your idols.

Are you asking the question of me since I actually have "standing"--own and use a MFDB?   ::)  Sorry, Fred maybe it's because I'm not so easily bothered by any marketing whatsoever and can make decisions independently whether or not a tool is appropriate for me to buy/use.  Fan boy?  Really, Fred?  Do you really want to draw out personal biases?     ???   ::)

I shoot with a DSLR (Canon btw and previously Nikon), Micro 4/3, Phase IQ180 with Phase DF and Cambo.  I see (and enjoy) the strengths and weaknesses of all these systems/tools.  No idols, but favorites of the moment as needed for work and enjoyment. I like cameras. I like photography. What a great time to have all these choices.  But puh-lease, stop with the paternalistic silliness.  It's like an obsession for you this personal crusade of yours against medium format digital.  Counseling comes to mind here; it's surprising how much Phase/Mamiya/Leaf (sometimes even the venerable H) have gotten under your skin.  I think what bothers you is how can others be so ignorant and not see the light of your ways, following you like Moses to the promised land of the D800.  Blasphemy!   ::)

You're bothered by anything Phase/Mamiya/Leaf/Hasselblad/et al. may say or do. We get that. Medium Format Digital ain't for you. We get that. All this angst you have about a camera platform/system/format that you don't even own or use can't be healthy and I'm sure the entire LL community is worried for your well-being.  Make a clean break and just say, "buh-bye."   :D

I guess this means you won't be renting a MFDB afterall.  That's not a surprise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:15:17 pm by kdphotography »

bcooter

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 01:03:10 pm »

Fred,

Did some guy from Denmark run off with your girlfriend?  (insert silly smiley face here).

I'm not trying to insert myself into this, but I'm seriously curious about what problems you had with the phase/mamiya back and camera?

I know that as a company, Phase can be difficult, but so can Canon and RED and probably any company depending on the issue.

What I don't get is what problems you had with the equipment. 

I'll admit I never was a fan of the Mamiya 645 AF but the later DF itineration I recently tried was night a day compared to the original mamiya 645 autofocus.  The lenses felt great, the body was robust, the focusing was very good, I thought almost equal to the Hasselblad which is the leader in mfd autofocus.

In fact I think in ways the DF was a very nice camera and as far as Phase backs, I've known a lot of people use their for a lot of years (heck I have a friend in Paris that still uses his lightphase) and never had an issue.

Phase makes tough stuff, at least the older backs that I'm familiar with and no they're not perfect backs but I sometimes think I could drive nails with mine and though I can shoot much faster with almost any dslr, in todays world we're all looking for an edge in look and I think a ccd based camera or back gives that as long as you have enough light.

I know Phase as a company has problems communicating, but their dealers don't.   

There are two that frequent this forum that know more about Phase products than probably Phase does (I'm serious).

In regards to Leaf, my original Aptus 22 had problems (it was one of the very first Aptus shipped), but Yair knows everything there is in the world about Leaf, stayed on top of it, (heck he probably bleeds Leaf green) and I'm not saying that because I know and like him (I do) because at times we've had some knock down drag outs, but really does know and  stand behind what he sells.

The only other serious problems I've had with digital was with the Canon 1ds2 and I could write a book (I think I almost did) and even though it wasn't the best experience it didn't keep me from buying Canons then or even later and trust me, at the time I and other's had enough issues with the 1ds2 to stage a hunger strike at CPS.

If you'r comparing price, then nothing is going to get close to a D800 (not even the Pentax) and though I like saving money as much as anyone, I don't think turning a profit is a dirty word, regardless of how the world seems to view success today.  (at least the Left Coast view of success and I can say that with a smile because I've spent a lot of years and investment in El Lay).

All professional camera equipment has a serious premium and depreciates quickly (except for c-stands) including your Fuji 680.  I owned one and once digital hit the door those cameras went from serious money to the price of a pet rock and really there is no digital solution for that camera.  Even Fuji made a back for it in Japan and dropped that thought in about an hour.

Heck, my RED1 cameras just dropped in price (by RED) to less than half but I did and continue to make money and content with them, so for me nothing really changed because I'm not in the camera selling business.

And in regards to your USB 3 post, come on man, I have less issues with camera connections than I do with Apple constantly changing their hardware interface. 

Man I've got about 8 billion firewire devices and I'm not worried about thunderbolt or firewire or usb 3 because my capture computers will run for 4 years (at least) and I can promise you I can buy refurbished ones for another 4 years.   I can't blame the mfd makers for those issues because Apple constantly tosses stuff out faster than Gov. Christie can eat a Big Mac.

But even though this response has gone all around the houses, I'm serious in asking what issues you had, because I am looking at new mfd cameras.

IMO

BC

gazwas

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 01:13:18 pm »

Fred, I was going to side with you on this one as I think this is disgusting that these companies advertise the next generation of connectivity when it clearly doesn't function and quite possibly never will. Issues like this see me keeping a firm hold of my P65 as any camera manufacturer must have USB3 or Thunderbolt integration for use in the future.

What started as a question for help has now with your last post of "Do you think it honest" rant is going back over the same old ground as every other topic you start.  Zzzzzzzzz

You must have something interesting to say Fred with all your experience but you just come across as a grumpy old man, moaning to anyone who will listen.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

FredBGG

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

I've noticed Fred when you don't have a solid defense or want to ignore something you deflect.

Looks clear as day that you are deflecting and I'm not the one that needs a solid defense....

Mamiya Leaf is the one that states that the Credo has USB 3

From Specifications
Connectivity   FireWire 800, USB 3.0, USB 2.0

From Features
Capture speeds as fast as 1.2 frames per second
Fastest image transfer speed through the use of advanced FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and UDMA CompactFlash technologies.

Website Banner:

From the current product brochure
A choice of FireWire 800 or USB 3 / USB 2 connection to a Mac or a
PC with fast capture rate and Capture One workflow create excellent
conditions for studio work.

Storage and
connectivity
CompactFlash inc. UDMA 6 & 7, Firewire 800, USB 3, USB 2

As far as I can see no mention anywhere in the website or the brochure that neither USB 3 or USB 2 is currently not supported.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:07:54 pm by FredBGG »

FredBGG

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »

USB3 on the Credo/IQ backs is a very sore subject!

Beginning to think its just broken and will never be stitched on in this generation of backs...... sigh.  :-[

You state this, but then criticize me for suggesting that listing USB as a feature when it does not work is dishonest is not acceptable. ;) ;D ;D

FredBGG

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 02:24:02 pm »

Fred,

Did some guy from Denmark run off with your girlfriend?  (insert silly smiley face here).

IMO

BC

That's a bit harsh :o
Actually I'm very happily married to my drop dead beautiful first significant girlfriend.... together for over 30 years.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:48:54 pm by FredBGG »

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:21 pm »

Looks clear as day that you are deflecting and I'm not the one that needs a solid defense....

Mamiya Leaf is the one that states that the Credo has USB 3

From Specifications
From Features
Website Banner:

From the current product brochure
As far as I can see no mention anywhere in the website or the brochure that neither USB 3 or USB 2 is currently not supported.

Fred - It doesn't matter what I say as a response you'll just nick pick it apart.  However.

And this qualifies as beating an already very dead horse....

Phase, Leaf and Mamiya do not at this time have a "working" USB3 port.  They do in fact have a USB3 port which is better than not having one at all. 

Will they fix the problem and have it working?  I believe so as I have trust in what Phase has so far offered. 

Please give it a rest as it's getting extremely tiring listening to all the same load of crap.  And yes I said crap so go ahead and call me a 5 year old. 

Anyone who is remotely interested in buying a back should do their research (as you know Google is your friend) both on-line but through a reputable dealer (and not E-Bay).  Ask the questions, kick the tires, take it out for a test drive.  You shouldn't but anything worth thousands of dollars without doing your research first.  Reminded me of a story I just heard where a couple replaced a quad door refrigerator never first opening the door in the showroom.  Once it was delivered they soon found out the ice/water dispenser was huge compared to their old refrigerator forcing them to but a smaller refrigerator to make up for the lost space.

No matter what I say, unless I totally agree with you will be met with your typical response so have at it bud.

Oh and by the way - are you even thinking of responding to bcooters request for information/clarification or are you going to deflect yet again?

Don

Still waiting for the ignore button

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:39 pm »

Hi BC,

That is good info! Thanks for making that clear!

I guess that experience is somewhat personal. Some have a good experience and some have a bad experience. A seasoned professional has a lot of experience.

I guess that I should not post on this forums as I only have positive experience of 135/120 (film) and DSLRs for something like 40 years.

Best regards
Erik

Fred,
I'll admit I never was a fan of the Mamiya 645 AF but the later DF itineration I recently tried was night a day compared to the original mamiya 645 autofocus.  The lenses felt great, the body was robust, the focusing was very good, I thought almost equal to the Hasselblad which is the leader in mfd autofocus.

IMO

BC

Erik Kaffehr

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:04 pm »

Right with you Erik; I'm turning 65 soon and have been shooting for a very long time.

I too had great experience with film however I've left that format behind after embracing digital.  I had one of the first 1Ds to come out and liked it until the 1DsII.  Never had a major problem or concern with the 1DsII however decided to switch to medium format.  We have a 1DsIII that has given no problems and is a stellar tool for what it does.  I began medium format with film however quickly went with first a P30+ then on to a P45+ then a P65 and now a IQ160.  Next year?  Who knows.  I wasn't that much of a fan of the AF and left to shoot nearly 100% with a tech cam until just last year when I added the DF.  Night and day difference and I'm very pleased.

Keep posting your thoughts and experiences; it only gets old when continuing rants being made.

Just my 2ยข

Don

FredBGG

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 04:35:32 pm »

Oh and by the way - are you even thinking of responding to bcooters request for information/clarification or are you going to deflect yet again?

Don

Still waiting for the ignore button

bcooter only asked me less than an hour ago.....

Also you don't have to wait for the ignore button... just don't read or even better reply to my posts...  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up