Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minolta Dimage Scan Multi  (Read 11961 times)

cjogo

Re: Minolta Dimage Scan Multi
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 03:20:01 pm »

If you can purchase a Multi Scan Pro for $200 .... resale it to me for $1000... you can make a great profit in one transaction// :=}

I have tried many scanners in the last 20 years > even the Imacon.  The Minolta won hands down.  Their glass plate is one of the factors >>  really hoping the Plustek 120 comes through.  

From one who has scanned many hours a week ... for way too many years.   http://imageevent.com/estrump/fineart
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:22:22 pm by cjogo »

Fine_Art

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22:45 am »

It should work on Windows 7 with VueScan.

http://www.hamrick.com/

I would recommend a v750. You can wetscan with it for the best results. Dry scan using the neg holder frames is excellent to.
There are also some custom film holders to get your negatives flatter.

Here is an example of a 6x8cm dry scan.

Crop

Full frame

I used Silverfast software (that comes with the v750).
The math behind Silverfast is great, but I do not like the interface or the company.... and their censored forum.
Software lacks profiles for new emultions so you have to make your own. Some of the supplied profiles are real junk.
Negafix their negative scanning utility can get terrific results, but it is fiddly as hell and the curve editor is small.

I really don't understand why these idiots can't make the curve editors larger or simply scalable.
There really should be an option to have it overlaid on the image and full screen.

Wow, a stunning portrait. Great job.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 07:44:31 am »

Hi,

I think that even negative film can be problematic. I did a test with Ektar 100 and got obscene colors. The reason is probably that blue channels is exceeding the DR of my scanner. The enclosed figure stops at D=3.0 but I think the channel goes much higher.

Hi Erik,

That Blue channel D-max is not an issue, provided that your scanner adjusts the exposure time of each channel properly/individually to neutralize the mask. It's the difference between the D-max and D-min for each channel that should be handled by the scanner's dynamic range capabilities.

Without proper mask elimination by tuned exposure times, all bets for good color are off.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:25 am »

Thanks!

Erik

Hi Erik,

That Blue channel D-max is not an issue, provided that your scanner adjusts the exposure time of each channel properly/individually to neutralize the mask. It's the difference between the D-max and D-min for each channel that should be handled by the scanner's dynamic range capabilities.

Without proper mask elimination by tuned exposure times, all bets for good color are off.

Cheers,
Bart
Erik Kaffehr

cjogo

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »

looks to be about 240 on those highlights --- not 250 on the one I loaded previously ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up