Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson letter size photo printers  (Read 1365 times)

cottagehunter

Epson letter size photo printers
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »

What is up with this size of 6 ink printer? I can not find any more listed on the epson site . I use this size to print out Calendars for family and friends instead of exchanging Xmas cards. Unfortunately they don't seem to last long (about 2 yrs) before dying I have gone thru 3 epson 200 , 1 220  and now an Artisan 50 (ink and paper lites keep flashing alternatively and printer will not power up) I have a 7900 but unfortunately it won't print borderless at this size and if I double up on the pics so they fit on a 17" the roll paper is too light (weight for a calendar)

Does any one have a fix for my artisan 50?

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Epson letter size photo printers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:28 am »

You have a very capable machine in the 7900.
What paper are you using on the smaller printer that you cannot use on the 7900?
Red River has a great product line for calendars.
Can you adjust your template for a small border?
It would be really nice from the economy standpoint to use the 7900.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:51:43 am by Dan Berg »

hugowolf

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:05:41 pm »

Why not just buy a roll of heavier weight paper? The ink costs on the smaller printers are just crazy.

Brian A

cottagehunter

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »

Dan: Thanks for your reply. I presently use a paper size 8.5x11 230 gsm 61lb 11 mil double sided from Staples at $8.00 for 50 sheets . I tried the Epson double sided matt but it is only 47lb 9.7 mil and not as bright. The 7900 won't print borderless  on widths less than 13" . The boarder that I have been able to set is 1/2" left right and 1/4" top and bottom I have been unable to change that except for the left margin to 1/4". This is the major reason that I print calendars on the small printer. If I up the size to 13" I have to find a roll of double sided paper buy a new binding machine. I am not making any money off the calendars and am just a hobbyist.
Thanks Hugowolf for your input.
,Called epson tonite spoke to sales asked about ink coverage on the small photo printers and was told that a set of cartridges would last for 500!!!!!!!!!!!! pages, this after me stating that I was printing full page colour,  i t now appears that the quality of information from the phone reps is not there. After this I contacted customer service  no longer a toll free call spoke to someone in Singapore at the 2nd level his advice after 45 min of truing to get information on why a software update wouldn't install I was told that I must have a hardware problem and to take it to a service centre. So much for the great support that epson used to provide. I have been purchasing their printers for the past 17 yrs. but now they don'r seem much different from other printer companies re service.
Thanks for putting up with the rant.

Pierre :'( ???

mfryd

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:30:26 am »

The Epson 3880 will print borderless on letter and 8x10 sheets.  Ink costs will be much lower than a letter sized printer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up