Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900  (Read 1662 times)

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Epson 9900
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:30:12 pm »

I thought I share this.

Went away for better than 8-weeks shooting in and around Jackson Hole.  Actually left Tucson August 22 returning Oct 19th.  Turned off the printer and computer and locked the studio.  I did leave a humidifier running which kept the studio at a near constant 50% ( it also helped that it was the tail end of monsoon season).  I hired someone to come in once a week to check and fill the humidifier while gone. 

Long story short - got home, turned on the printer and printed a nozzle check.  Had a couple problem areas, did a clean then another nozzle check.  Perfect.  I've been back now going on 3-weeks and have been printing almost every other day with no problems nor concerns. 

I estimate it took me less than 15 minutes (nozzle check, cleaning, and nozzle check) to have the printer up and fully functional. 

Very pleased.   

mare

Re: Epson 9900
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

Thank you for sharing these "postive" infos!
For a new owner of a 7900 it´s very nice to read such positive infos about the x900 series.

Mario

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:58:12 am »

Thank you for sharing these "postive" infos!
For a new owner of a 7900 it´s very nice to read such positive infos about the x900 series.

Mario

You are welcome.  It's not all doom & gloom...

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »

I've had my 7900 since December 2008 and I'm away for between 2 to 5 weeks several times each year. The printer is typically turned off from roughly a week before I leave until about a week after I get back home, which makes between 4 to 7 weeks turned off a few times per year. Sometimes the nozzle check is perfect when I turn it back on and sometimes it needs a couple of normal nozzle pair cleanings, but it's never been a problem.
- Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up