Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forest fog  (Read 936 times)

marvpelkey

Forest fog
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:17:34 pm »

I am drawn to images of trees (I have hundreds) and also love images with fog (again hundreds). Get both in the same location and I'm in heaven. Although it is  usually a good time for these conditions around here, we are in the middle of 40 days and 40 nights of p***ing rain, so I offer one from a while ago.

Marv

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Forest fog
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:29 pm »

I find it a bit too contrasty for foggy conditions. If anything, fog reduces contrast (in nature, not necessarily in-camera). Given how close the widest tree is, we should be able (in reality) to discern a lot more details in the trunk.

marvpelkey

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:40:16 pm »

Thanks Slobodan,

Methinks I am starting to see a pattern. Both images which I have posted have been critiqued as being too contrasty. I definitely will have to rethink my approach to the this aspect.

Marv

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »

Just to clarify: i have nothing against contrasty images. I just think that whatever the end result is, high contrast or low contrast, it should be congruent with the rest of the image: composition, overall atmosphere, mood, etc. You do not want in-your-face black, contrasty areas, if the rest of the image implies calmness, quiet, gentleness, as is the case in both images I commented on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up