Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 C2 & C3?  (Read 802 times)

rolei

C1 C2 & C3?
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:36:32 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you can share your Custom shooting modes (C1-C3) for Canon 5 mark III

I am new to the Custom settings and really will appreciate any help or recommendation!

or if you have some useful resources,articles or other professionals that are recommending any Custom shooting modes,please post it here!

(i mainly shoot landscapes/architecture,closeups, wildlife)

Thank you in advanced!

Zen Ervin

Re: C1 C2 & C3?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:15 pm »

Hi Rolei,

This is one of the neatest features of these cameras! I have C1 set to what I call the Ansel Adams effect: b&w, 100 ISO, f8, hi contrast with the red filter. So, when I want to switch to a monotone quickly, I can do it by dialing C1. Secondly, all the settings can be changed easily, so if f8 isn't enough, I can make the change easily. Same with ISO or any of the others settings.

I have C2 set the same way but with the Sepia tone.

I haven't yet decided what to do with C3 on this one, but on my MkII, had that set to a long dof aperture, once again so I could select that set-up quickly when I spotted a bird in flight or other dritter moving in the woods and had no choice but to try a quick wing shot.

The great thing about this feature is that you can set the "C"s to anything you think you might need at a moment's notice, and without thinking thru all the seperate settings. They're pre-sets, there for you whenever you need them.

Good luck.

Zen
Zen
Pages: [1]   Go Up