Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Shot cable release ( As for instance Kapture Group makes) - for Arca magnet  (Read 2403 times)

julienlanoo

Hi,

I am using an Arca Rm3di , with the Arca type cable release option ( magnetic ),
Now i would like an one shot cable release approach to it.. ( as now i have to make 2 images or use a dubble cable setup from phase one , you know the one with the small button on) ..

Only
I know Kapture group makes such cables, ok , but it's only the standaard calbe attachement ..
I would like to have a solution for the " arca type" one, that is quite handy i find..

Any tips ?.. for a One shot cable release option for phase one backs on a Arca ? ..

greets
ju

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

I believe that the Kapture Group is the only option.  It will still work on your Arca (I use one on mine), it will screw into the area where the magnet
fits.  I personally don't like the Magnet shutter release, on paper a great idea, however I find the magnet is not strong enough and I kept getting
misfires, and situations where the firing pin just pushes the entire device out of the cup.  Again, great idea, just needs some fine tuning, but it seems that Acra is not planning anything here. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

julienlanoo

@Paul, thanks for your reply..
It's realy helpful,

now i wonder, we are thousands worldwide using those cameras ( Alpa, Arca, Cambo, linhof, sinar etc etc), and there's only 1 company that makes these cables..  crazy !..

I only have 1 remark on the Capture groupe option, that it's only for phase one plug.. If Phase or whatever other brand using it, changes its connectors it renders useless.. Why doesn't any one have exactly the same thing but with an X-contact on it, instead of cables comming out ?.. so that you can attach whatever sync cable..

mhm

yaya

• http://yayapro.com

The magnet is screwed on to you existing cable so you can remove it and screw it onto the tip of the KG cable

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

julienlanoo

Aaahaaa! that's cool! :)D:p

Any way, any tips on what's the best cables ? trigger release cables.. ?
As i keep on breaking them, or they turn hard to use quite quick .. :( :( ..
any tips on where to find realy good onces ? .. 
i also have those "air" compressed once, but can't find any pipette .; any tips ? .;

greets
ju

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

I use the red ones, a german brand sold at B&H.  They are a bit thicker but last.  Brand is Gepe. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ChristopherBarrett

I have numerous One Shot Cables disintegrate.  I was Sooo glad when the P65+ came along with Zero Latency so I could get rid of that work-around.  I often have issues with the magnetic cables dislodging themselves if my cable isn't at just the right angle.  I now use my old favorite (I think it's the same as Red one mentioned above) and did you know you can just screw it into the shutter block?  You don't have to use the magnetic cable adapter.

Thank you Arca for options!
Pages: [1]   Go Up