Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little labels to be displayed next to your framed photo  (Read 2203 times)

Johnny_Boy

Little labels to be displayed next to your framed photo
« on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »

I am about to hang some of my work at a local bank lobby. I am not sure if I will get any sales but I am going to give it a try for 6 months. I am going to make some labels with pertinent info (piece name, price and contact info) and also a 8.5x11 size poster with my bio and contact info.

What is the best way to make these things?

For the bio poster, I thought about using something like this, and put some business cards in it and leave on the table where people fill out those bank forms.
http://www.amazon.com/deflect--Two-Pocket-Plastic-Business-590601/dp/B001E67S72/ref=sr_1_20?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1351894532&sr=1-20

I am not sure what to do about the labels. Any idea? How do you attach these to the wall or the frame? Glue? Double sided tape?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Little labels to be displayed next to your framed photo
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:23:14 pm »

For labels, I would consider making a 2" height, by 2.5" or 3" piece.  This can contain the info about the print, and price and your contact info.
I tend to place a small version of the image in question in the upper left of the label.   Use a border around it, any of the border actions will work
or you can just make one up.  I print these on matte paper as you can't cut RC as well and the matte paper is just easier to work with.
Batch them, on letter size 8 per sheet, or you can just make a custom page and run them all at once off roll.

Attachment, many methods will work.  If the work is framed, I would use a piece of string and let the label hang.  Tape to back of print and back
of label.  You can also tape them to the front of the glass, however if you do this, I would go a bit smaller to not cover up too much of the work.

Just one way, there are many others I am sure.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:16 am »

Business cards, attached with "invisible" monofilament thread taped to back of print and back of card.

davidh202

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 12:58:33 pm »

You want to be totally professional about showing your work !
The plastic holder for your bio and cards is perfect
 for the pricing...
You want to put the Title, Your name, and price on a business size card with a border around it and place that on the wall next to the photos.This allows people to see that your work is FOR SALE not just on display!
Hiding the price on the back is flat out wrong.
This is how my wife does them at our gallery...
Printed in Publisher ,cream colored cover stock, mounted on a piece of black mat board
David

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:02:07 pm by davidh202 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up