Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Licensing  (Read 1391 times)

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
Stock Licensing
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »

I'm wanting to sell stock images, but unless there is a good reason for tossing my images on top of a stock house, like Getty, or other types of resale outlets,  I'd like to sell them as one offs. I don't mind having an organization sell them for their profit and my own, but like I said, unless there is a really good reason to give them exclusive rights to sell the image, forget that.

My question is something like this: Why would an art director, editor, etc.,  buy images from my personal site when he or she can go to a stock agency where all of the licenses are uniform across all of their images?

So more specifically, licensing--what to do and how to do it? I'd like to do stock photography when I'm slow with other stuff, but have no idea how I can sell it because of all the licensing stuff. At this time, I'm using Fotomoto as a shopping solution. But the licensing problem has me vexed.

Even harder is the sale of people for stock. How would they know if the image was actually released by the model? again, on a place like Getty or other sources, all of that, I presume, is taken care of before any sales.

Tony Jay

Re: Stock Licensing
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:56:15 pm »

Metadata. Metadata has space for a model release agreement.
If you want to sell stock then you need a stock agency!

Tony Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up