Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting DNGs from LR4 to PS5 do not match  (Read 1317 times)

crabby

• MICHAEL CRABB
Exporting DNGs from LR4 to PS5 do not match
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:32:55 am »

When exporting a dng from LR4.2 to PS5 the dng in PS does not match the dng in LR. If I save it in PS without manipulating the file in any way and then view the psd side by side with the dng in LR they are clearly different. I suspect it's the difference in camera raw and process version. Is there a way to fix this so I can export a dng or smart object from LR with process version 2012 and have import correctly into PS5 without forcing me to upgrade to PS6?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Exporting DNGs from LR4 to PS5 do not match
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:41 am »

If indeed there is a mismatch in process version, no, there's nothing you can do. But that shouldn’t be an issue since you are using the latest version of LR to build the DNG. Where you'd have issue is IF you then used an older version of ACR on that DNG. They are not in sync. So either render the data out from LR, save off a DNG but don't try to edit that DNG in an older version of ACR. Or upgrade to CS6 so ACR and LR are on parity.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

crabby

• MICHAEL CRABB
Re: Exporting DNGs from LR4 to PS5 do not match
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 11:30:18 am »

Thanks for the quick response. It's been bugging me for a while just got around to asking.

I think the problem is in my LR File Handling DNG preferences. it was set to import dngs at camera raw 6.6 and later compatibility instead of 7.1 and later. I convert raws to dng on import. If this is the problem is there a way to reconvert dngs that were imported at CR 6.6 and later to CR 7.1 and later. I let the preference set that way thinking it would be more backwards compatible not less forward compatible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up