Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Lasso and Pen tool line visibility  (Read 7778 times)

Pics2

Problem with Lasso and Pen tool line visibility
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:55:38 am »

I have weird problem with Photoshop CS6 (it didn't occur with CS4).
When I trace a Lasso or Pen tool line, it's always the same gray color. With CS4 it was changing it's color or tone for better visibility when drawing over areas of the same color as the line. Basically it is always the same tone and color and very hard to see in some areas of same or similar color.
I updated the video card drivers, even tried another newer card, but it didn't help.
Is there any way to fix this? Is it computer, Windows or Photoshop matter?
Thanks!
Milan

Redcrown

Re: Problem with Lasso and Pen tool line visibility
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:39:41 am »

Sorry, can't help with a fix. But can confirm it not right on your system. On my CS6, the pen/lasso trace line changes depending on the underlying color. Actually, it looks to me like it varies from white to black and shades of gray in between depending on underlying luminosity. If I trace on a color whose luminosity is close to 50% mid tone, the trace line looks like middle gray and is often hard to see.

My only suggestion is to try the age old tip or resetting Photoshop preferences. If that does not work, try turning off your GPU (Edit/preferences/performance). Maybe Photoshop does not like your particular video card.

hugowolf

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:06 pm »

I had this happen occasionally on an older computer. Sometimes I had to reboot to fix it. Sometimes it would return to normal by itself.

Brian A

Pics2

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:17 pm »

Thank you for your replies!
Still struggling, I'll stick with CS4 for now.

MarkH2

• Mark Henning Photos
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 11:45:51 am »

You might try adding an HSL layer - change hue or desaturate the image to see if visibility improves.  This, or similar (stamp visible - reduce opacity over a white layer) might kick-start the path or at least provide a workaround.

Might try reinstalling CS6.

museumbrich4d

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 08:02:41 pm »

I think its is a preference problem.
Under Photoshop Preferences: Performance > Graphics Processor Settings (Lower Right) > Advanced Settings > (uncheck)Anti-alias Guides and Paths
You don't have to quit Photoshop for this to take effect like some preferences settings. And it works on paths already created.
Pages: [1]   Go Up