Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fall Fever  (Read 764 times)

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
Fall Fever
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:34 pm »

So many people posting fall photos!  I'm getting jealous.  I went out to take some fall photos up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, but didn't get many keepers... got a few, but haven't edited them yet.  But, I do have this autumn photo from a long time ago (almost five years!) that I like, but for some reason never got displayed and put on my website... so, here it is!

I titled this photograph "Autumn Babble" because this work makes me not only think and feel Autumn, but also hear it. Fall, to me, is the season with the best sounds. The creeks have a gentle murmur, as the water flow wanes due to less precipitation as well as less snow melt (as opposed to California, where they have a gentle murmur, but due to the very beginning of any flow at all). But the forest itself has a quiet "babble" too, with the leaves softly falling, and all the creatures unable to prevent themselves from rustling the forest floor. This work makes me hear all of these things. The photo was taken in the Appalachian Mountains of Western North Carolina, near Santeetlah Lake.

Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up