Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another ship crossing.  (Read 990 times)

stamper

Another ship crossing.
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:45:31 am »

The ferry Loch Shirra approaches the Isle of Cumbrae in the firth of Clyde, Scotland. It makes several trips a day from Largs.

IanBrowne

Re: Another ship crossing.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »

i like composition of the photo, however a little PP will make it more as I feel you saw it. IMO all digital photos need some PP.

All done in LR4.2 (the first image with 4.2) and the adjustment brush did most of the work for me. Happy to answer any question but please note  rework edits are usually done in a minute or so on a laptop in a room with variable lighting and will not be perfect and must be seen and read as a editing/photography guide only.

All comments must be taken as just my personal thoughts and how I read the image. I was not there when the photo was taken and I can only guess the colours, conditions and the reason the photo was taken in the first place

stamper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:52 am »

Ian I did process it in Lightroom. Imo you made the ship too light. The sun is setting on the other side of the ship therefore it is realistic. This is obviously a difference of opinion as to how an image should be processed. Thanks for the feedback.

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:34 am »

I would choose the middle-ground. I agree that a bit more light to detach the silhouette of the ship could help the image (although I love it as it is) but Ian's version is too much in my opinion.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up