Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 v7 problem  (Read 21378 times)

jeanvalentin

Re: C1 v7 problem
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 04:02:53 pm »

I'm on Mac and it crashed many times. Almost every time I change the workspace. Other times when I tried to modify some tools. I didn't run a complete job through it but my experience so far:

- crashed many times
- slower than previous version (any adjustment you make)
- problem with rating (if you rate an image and don't wait a few seconds and move to another image, you loose any rating you previously had or the new one).

These came up right away as I imported some images into the catalog.

I did a clean install yesterday and didn't have a chance to try it again.
Best,
Valentin

orc73

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »

mac as well, newest Mac OS with all updates

orc73

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 05:04:13 pm »

another issue is image selection in a folder: some images are selected and the "deselect all" command does not work, neither does browsing with arrow keys through the pics work. reboot did not help. now all the work on the files is useless. that's really a shame to come out with software in such a state.

jeanvalentin

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »

I played a little bit more today with a job I worked on.

It still crashes and stop responding. Crashes happened when switching workplaces. It looks like it happens the second/third time you do it. Also, I selected a bunch of images and it stopped responding (got the beach ball). After 5 min I had to use Force Quit.

All of these are using catalogs on Mac Lion. It looks like on the Mac, it's really not ready for prime time.
Best,
Valentin

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 06:32:14 pm »

I had a few catalog issues myself, but they were more on the methodology. The program on Win7 is rock solid, and functions look like they work smoothly.

I wish they would have a Pro-Lite version without cataloging :-)
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

jeanvalentin

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 06:39:18 pm »

Also, I just processed some images. In v6, any image that was processed (develop...), would have a gear icon on it (it was orange during the actual process). Now, there is no more icon (either when developing or after).

I also mentioned earlier, if any of the user collections are selected, you can't add another album/group/project... You have to move the selection in another area (fixed area) for it to work.
Best,
Valentin

Gulag

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 07:14:54 pm »

Also, I just processed some images. In v6, any image that was processed (develop...), would have a gear icon on it (it was orange during the actual process). Now, there is no more icon (either when developing or after).

I also mentioned earlier, if any of the user collections are selected, you can't add another album/group/project... You have to move the selection in another area (fixed area) for it to work.

Again, I am on Windows and haven't encountered any issues that you just mentioned above.
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

jeanvalentin

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 07:16:04 pm »

Again, I am on Windows and haven't encountered any issues that you just mentioned above.

It might be a Mac only problem? I don't know (it seems that way since you say it's working for you).
Best,
Valentin

Gulag

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:44 pm »

It might be a Mac only problem? I don't know (it seems that way since you say it's working for you).

Perhaps you need seek feedback from more Mac users. But on Windows I haven't had any troubles at all.
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

orc73

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 04:08:37 am »

I will watch that vdo :)
What I have to add:
If there is a CaptureONE folder in the same image folder it caused crashes and problem, solved by deleting the old folder(...and loosing the adjustments in C1v6).
The batch process was not very intuitive as I had to add another tab and now can start it - not very userfriendly but working now :)

Pics2

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:59 am »

Since David from Phase One is here, I hope he will pass the info to software developers. Otherwise, it's pointless wasting my time writing about bugs.
- Tethering D800E. Many times P1 doesn't recognize the camera. If left without shooting for some time, it just forgets the camera. I have to turn off the camera, restart P1 and turn on the camera again.
- Sometimes it's just not possible to restart P1. I have to go to Task manager and turn off application manually.
- Sometimes after restarting, all the pages are blank, can't navigate to any folder. I have to restart again.
- Import from CF card doesn't work, can't select destination folder.
-In Output naming, after every restart Job name count starts from zero, even though I want to continue counting from before the restart.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 08:35:13 am »

Since David from Phase One is here, I hope he will pass the info to software developers. Otherwise, it's pointless wasting my time writing about bugs.
- Tethering D800E. Many times P1 doesn't recognize the camera. If left without shooting for some time, it just forgets the camera. I have to turn off the camera, restart P1 and turn on the camera again.
- Sometimes it's just not possible to restart P1. I have to go to Task manager and turn off application manually.
- Sometimes after restarting, all the pages are blank, can't navigate to any folder. I have to restart again.
- Import from CF card doesn't work, can't select destination folder.
-In Output naming, after every restart Job name count starts from zero, even though I want to continue counting from before the restart.

Actually is pretty hard to report bugs from a forum.

I only have 50% information most of the time.  As in I don't know your OS, hardware, other version numbers etc.

The easiest and most importantly fastest way is to raise a support case on support.phaseone.com or go via your Partner.

However, issued raised here I always try to look into but can't necessarily give a response.

D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Pics2

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:53 am »

I'm aware of that, you are right. Thanks, David! Let's hope v7.1 will be out soon!

Dennishh

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 03:11:04 pm »

I just started using capture one 7 and really was happy with it processing my D800e files. It doesn't amazing job when it works. I started having trouble mostly when I decided to try sessions instead of catalogs, when I try to switch back to a catalog C1 freezes every time. I am now just using catalogs with mostly success. I'm running on any PC Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 470. I've compared outputs from light room and C17 with C1 taking the honors almost all the time. I love the color and I'm starting to get used to the interface. I like you can't wait for version 7.1. I've contacted tech support several times and every time they want the same information that I sent them last time. I've given up on support.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 04:20:41 pm »

I just started using capture one 7 and really was happy with it processing my D800e files. It doesn't amazing job when it works. I started having trouble mostly when I decided to try sessions instead of catalogs, when I try to switch back to a catalog C1 freezes every time. I am now just using catalogs with mostly success. I'm running on any PC Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 470. I've compared outputs from light room and C17 with C1 taking the honors almost all the time. I love the color and I'm starting to get used to the interface. I like you can't wait for version 7.1. I've contacted tech support several times and every time they want the same information that I sent them last time. I've given up on support.

Are you starting new support cases every time or replying to them in the support case you already started?

The idea is to start a support case, provide information in it, receive a reply in it, and then reply with any followup in the same support case (making it easy for everyone to trace and avoid repetition).

Dennishh

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »

The same support Case. Just seems like I provide the info they want and they ask me to do the same thing again. Gets a little old providing the same files. From all the problems I am seeing about the same crashes it seems the update is my only hope.

jeanvalentin

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:20 pm »

Ran into another problem.

In v6, if you selected several images and wanted to copy a setting from one to all the others, you could hold down shift key and click on the double arrow (inside the tool, next to the one to reset the tool) to apply the setting immediately.

In v7, as soon as I hit the Shift key, all these options grey out: Auto Adjustments (A), Copy Settings (double arrow) and Reset (curved arrow).

This is using catalogs on a Mac. Anybody else having this problem or I have some setting that I'm not aware of set?
Best,
Valentin

philipchan

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 01:41:12 pm »

Hi
I am also on Windows (win 7 64bit), and encountered a strange problem with C1 pro 7 DB version. Files from Leaf pre-Credo back (A10II) could be imported and previewed but impossible to edit and develop (all buttons turned grey). Files from Credo 80 worked fine, although a bit slow compared to C1 V6. Wonder if you or any other Windows users experienced the same.

Philip

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 09:08:45 am »

I am also on Windows (win 7 64bit), and encountered a strange problem with C1 pro 7 DB version. Files from Leaf pre-Credo back (A10II) could be imported and previewed but impossible to edit and develop (all buttons turned grey).

This is a bug and a known issue in CO 7.0.0, that Aptus II raw files are not editable in DB mode. Deactivate from DB, and run the program as Pro during the 60-day trial period. Within that time frame an update that fixes this issue should have become available.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »

Some thoughts after a week or so with workflow alterations/(perhaps interruptions?)....

After settling the issues with C1 Catalog and sessions and spending more time with Capture Onev7 I came to realize.......

I will not use only ONE single developer for editing RAW, I will be using TWO, maybe more as I am open to new concepts and not much a conformist to "It's my way or the highway" thinking.

So I want to use LightRoom, and I want to use C1(with the new raw developing engine)

I CERTAINLY DON'T want more than ONE Cataloging software to make and use up all my harddrive space and simply make a mess of folders on my hard drives).
Since LighRoom makes it rather easy and I can see the folders without going dizzy, I decided to use C1v7 in Sessions mode, and continue and KEPP my LR Cataloging.  I can see the LR windows as I do in a Explorer Browser, and this familiarity is nice and painless.

So even in Sessions for C1, we still have a messy interface.
I have TWO "Session Folders". One is the actual folder view that I want to use, BUT, above it, I can't find a way to "hide" or not show the other "Session Folders" bar that contains the Capture,Output, Trash, and Selects folder
(Could I rename these? I thought I had changed my Capture folder to RAW? I wonder what happen?).

I like rating my images to help know which is processed, but I would rather hide Session Albums and even Favorites if I'm not using them. Since I have Filters below in this folder panel, It looks confusing with the actual "Session Folder" (Browser)?
I can see how they are different to a point. But in a folder view, they are merely a Sort and View method, and you can Filter these, maybe even grouping them with specific parameters would also help.

So to simplify, place the "Session Folder" that contains "Capture, Selects, Output, and Trash FOLDERS" in a subfolder of the ONE browsable/folder "Session Folder" I think would help. And all these in Filters. Ending up with Session Folder, and I guess Filters(You can give it a more general term, like Manage?) 

I fully can understand if there are reasons not do this, but it is simply a suggestion.  I for one will not dictate my shooting workflow based on software's dictation. I will pay attention to my subject with camera and tethered or not, Fire away and then organize my files.
Other than setting up the Capture folder, which should be as simple as black coffee, all else slows down the artistic process.

Well, I will learn to ignore all these things that are added on, as I think the Raw developer is very good or the best. 

I simply wish Phase One would make a Capture One Pro-Lite.  My wish would be to have very similar simplicity to C1v3.7x
With the new Raw engine, and the Exposer/Developing sliders. I could care less for Session, Catalog, even many other features. I think being able to add Metadata, Keywords and ratings is a plus, but I think that can start in the ingestion of the files when transfering from the card, or when using a dedicated DAM, or a fast image browser. It isn't something you do to hundreds of files in a Developer.

For me CaptureOne's job is to enable me to...
Capture as fast as possible(preview focus image on screen when shooting), and make the BEST base 16+bit file I can work from in other apps like LR, or Photoshop, That is enough to be a happy camper.
That is all I ask, and that is why I would pay the same money I have been paying for years, but to keep it nimble, simple, easy to use, and top quality.
I know many use the BW, and the layer brush, and maybe some filters. But aside from the ALL the Color and ALL the Exposure tools and Focus tool, I don't need much else. I think the Layer brush is a nice try, but in all honesty, I will make the best develop in C1 and do all else in Photoshop or LR.(Or I may have to look closer and see IF C1 brush layers is offering anything different and advantageous(?).

*Side note__ While writing this and confusing myself with some C1 terms, excuse me if I used "browser" in place of "folder". I checked back to correct it, but in case I missed one!
Sometimes the way C1 names its functions and views!..The names alone can confuse enough! Why would the term "browser" that is already coined as "folder browsing" to an OS and is synonimos to Explorer be reused for something that should be named "thumbnail view" or the like? Why do we have to relearn functions to terms that have been in place for decades?  Giving things a visual identity would even help distinguish functions. Besides, its the fastest way the mind processes info.(well, those that are visually strong, like photographers.  Who is this made for ? ;-)

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up