Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friendship  (Read 1052 times)

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
Friendship
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:29:12 am »

"Friendship"

Days like this one are nice for photographing because the air is such that the fog does not form directly at sea level, but rather must be pushed up by the mountains and therefore cooled before the fog forms. This means that the fog does not exist behind this first bank, leaving lots of room for the sunlight to dance with the landscape in the background.

I know that the title for the photograph might seem a little odd or arbitrary, but it just feels like the right title to me. It's only a landscape photo, but landscape scenes can still evoke similar emotions as other life experiences. This image instills in me a feeling reminiscent of friendship.

Part of the reason it might feel like that is because this particular landscape might be as close to a friend as a landscape can be, for me.  I keep going back over and over, even though I am shooting the same scenes (though usually in different light).  I miss it when I don't go, and I can feel myself getting excited when I return.

Anyways, enough waxing poetic.... I hope you enjoy it!
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com

Tony Jay

Re: Friendship
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:56:14 am »

This is a nice shot Matt.
I particularly enjoy the interplay between the warm light and the cooler shadows.
The overall composition is also a winner.

Regards

Tony Jay

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:26:07 am »

Great light in this one, I like the transition from the light to dark which unfortunately is done justice viewed on the net at 96dpi....good work.
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

francois

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 12:53:41 pm »

Beautiful warm light. The successive hills are just visible enough to give a goose sense of depth.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up