Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto backshots  (Read 1988 times)

-Tom-

• 1:1-8 / 19-84
    • Tomislav Mavrovic
Auto backshots
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:34:59 am »

Few years ago I stumbled on this great street photographer Carlos Ramos (Miami Fever on flickr) and I was really captivated by his work, it was back in 08, much less influx of photos back then :D

One of his shots really stroke a chord in me and I've been trying to make a decent spin of it this summer, and as always - handheld + ambient light only.

Easily one of my favorite shots of the year.

This was shot in a hotel garage, there was a tour passing through my town and lot of hot metal parked at the hotel...I snuck in the garage and took quick shots, I didn't have the nerves to waste time fine tuning my angle...and being without tripod, this is the best I got out of this one...kinda looks like a studio shot to me.

If it's not against the forum rules, this is where the other shots are (my photo blog)  http://bit.ly/autobackshots

Thanks for feedbacks guys

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Auto backshots
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:22:04 pm »

Tom,

That's a cool concept and well executed in your case.

Funny that I had a similar idea recently, though my focus was on something else :):

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:32:50 pm »

Thanks for the laugh Slobodan, well spotted.

I dare say there is another somewhere with the plate "TOSSER" — if only I could find it.

IanBrowne

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:45:45 pm »

neat idea. I like the first the most as it has an uncluttered background and you have the levels and lines straight
Pages: [1]   Go Up