Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG Profile editor, am I missing something?!  (Read 2993 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
DNG Profile editor, am I missing something?!
« on: October 27, 2012, 04:09:58 am »

Hi,

I tried to look at DNG Profile Editor, the version I have is 1.0.0.45 Beta. Is this the latest one?

It seems that my LR4.2 doesn't load the recepies made by this version of DNG Profile Editor.

Something I missed?

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Re: DNG Profile editor, am I missing something?!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:17:09 am »

I just created a profile with the same version as you have listed and it worked perfectly in LR 4.2.  The only thing that I can think of is that your profile may not be in the correct folder for Lightroom to see it.  Good luck.

b2martin

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:40:53 am »

I use the same version of the DNG Profile Editor and it loads the profile in the correct location for Adobe Camera RAW in Photoshop CS6, I don't use Lightroom. 

I have noticed that the Color Matrices and Chart Tabs do not work correctly in the DNG Profile Editor (v 1.0.0.46Beta) if you are editing Nikon Camera xxxxx profiles that are 272KB in size - it does work correctly for profiles that are smaller in size.  The D700 v2,v3,v4 and profiles for new cameras fit in the category.  I don't know if this applies to profiles for cameras other than Nikon. 

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:46:03 am »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm going to retest and report what I have found out.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

b2martin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:47:35 am »

I did not notice when I made the post that I am not using the same version of the DNG Profile Editor that you mentioned.  The latest version is v1.0.0.46Beta and you listed v1.0.0.45Beta.  Version 1.0.0.45Beta does not work correctly for D700 v2,v3,v4 profiles, I have not tested profiles for new cameras like the D800 for this version, but I assume they would have problems. 

Peter_DL

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 04:00:43 pm »

It seems that my LR4.2 doesn't load the recepies made by this version of DNG Profile Editor.

The profile needs to be exported from the DNG Profile Editor (File > Export Profileā€¦).
ACR/LR do not take profile recipes (.dcpr files, obtained from File > Save Recipe).

Peter

--

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »

Thanks!

That was the problem! It works now!

Best regards
Erik

The profile needs to be exported from the DNG Profile Editor (File > Export Profileā€¦).
ACR/LR do not take profile recipes (.dcpr files, obtained from File > Save Recipe).

Peter

--
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up