Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoulder strap to wrist strap conversion  (Read 2161 times)

allegretto

Shoulder strap to wrist strap conversion
« on: October 26, 2012, 12:21:34 pm »

I realize this may seem trivial, but I really like my DSLR, even though it is heavy (D4), and i don't mind lugging it around in spite of the fact that I am physically past me prime ( oh, the horror ) but while a shoulder strap is best for motion, a nice tight wrist strap is far more desirable for shooting and hand-holding between shots

I notice that quite a few shoulder straps have quick-detach lugs and wonder if anyone else who shoots with a larger camera has found a satisfactory solution.

Thanks, as always...

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
Re: Shoulder strap to wrist strap conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »

For what it's worth, I rarely use a strap. Years ago a strap hung up on my bag and pulled a Pentax MX (I said years ago) out of my hand. The resulting crash shorted the meter and dented the pentaprism casing. Since that time, I have not kept a strap attached to a camera. I use quick release straps that I can attach when I need them and otherwise work without.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: Shoulder strap to wrist strap conversion
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »

If you go the wrist strap route remember to lift the camera from your side to eye level with both hands. Otherwise it's amazing how fast you can develop tennis elbow and it's astonishing how long it takes to heal as you age, or rather "mature".
Pages: [1]   Go Up