Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cock Fight  (Read 1330 times)

Syncopation

Cock Fight
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:45:34 am »

Cock Fighting is a tradition that has existed in Bali for centuries. Its current status is that it's 'illegal' other than when it takes place as part of a religious ceremony when the number of fights is restricted to three.

Illicit fights still take place across the island. Here there is no restriction on the number of fights. The cocks are matched carefully to ensure an even contest after which a razor sharp spur is attached to the cock's leg. A feverish round of betting then takes place after which the birds are brought together for the start of the fight.

Each fight lasts two or three minutes and ends when one of the cocks is unable or unwilling to fight. If both birds are reluctant to carry on, a large wicker basket is put over them to force them together so that they continue to fight. The losing bird is butchered, plucked and given to the winning owner together with his winnings from betting.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
Re: Cock Fight
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:27:31 am »

Sad sport - but your pictures are very good.

Jim

Mcthecat

• mickwatsonphotography
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:25:06 pm »

Outstanding

Mick

IanBrowne

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 11:57:24 pm »

good photography.

I just cannot understand those people. There were 80 people recently arrested in Australia for attending a cock fight. Makes me sick even though I have shot many animals.

I don't think I could have taken the photos.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 04:04:06 am »

Nice pics, POS people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up