Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor Rotation?  (Read 2213 times)

John Hennessy

Monitor Rotation?
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:01:55 am »

Just setup an NEC P241W monitor and I have a question. Is there a practical, fast way to rotate the monitor and the image being edited to match vertically or horizontally?  One sees ads showing a vertical images on vertical monitors, so I was optimistic---but is is just hype?  I see no easy way to do that. There is a useless auto-rotate feature which detects the monitor orientation but it just stretches Photoshop, the image and even the mouse cursor to make it fit. About 2-3 minutes down into the Windows settings it can be changed and it works as advertised. But that would a pain to switch every time I switch to a file with a different orientation. My video card (AMD Radeon) allows one-click switches of different setups, but it does not seem to record that far down, just superficial, cosmetic things. Maybe a hotkey, something I'm missing in the Radeon setup? Hate to waste all the great monitor acreage when editing a vertical image (all the PS palettes are on a second monitor regardless.)

I called NEC and was told there is no way to do this, but the tech support person seemed tentative.

Thanks.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Monitor Rotation?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

Would be useful if you bothered to mention your OS...Macs have been able to do this pretty easy for a while. Pretty sure Windows can too...but we can't really help you if we have to guess how you are attaching your display. Troubleshooting 101, ya know?

John Hennessy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 01:23:16 pm »

My post says Windows!?

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »

In Catalyst Control Center, Select the Hotkey Tab - be sure Enable Hotkeys is checked.  You can assign a hotkey combination to pretty much any display option

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »

In Catalyst Control Center, Select the Hotkey Tab - be sure Enable Hotkeys is checked.  You can assign a hotkey combination to pretty much any display option
+1
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up