Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEX 7 VS DP2M VS Fuji XE-1  (Read 2635 times)

kuau

NEX 7 VS DP2M VS Fuji XE-1
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:50:26 pm »

This maybe impossible to answer, I currently own a NEX 7 with 3 lenses, Sigma 19m, 30mm and Sony 50mm.
Yet I rented last week the Sigma DPM2, and was very impressed with IQ even with all the quirks and SPP.
I only shoot at base ISO, no lo light stuff.

I am also going to rent the XE-1 w/h 18mm, 35mm and 60mm when they become available in the USA.

I realize the DP2M is a total different animal, yet the IQ is quite amazing, though everything else pretty much sucks, no evf, terrible battery life, etc.

Fuji looks very interesting though.... So probably more to the point how would the XE-1 IQ compare to my NEX 7?

allegretto

Re: NEX 7 VS DP2M VS Fuji XE-1
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:14:12 pm »

Have not had the specific cameras, but have owned the A77 and currently own an XPro-1 so the sensors are the same

If by Base ISO you mean 100-400, then both cameras (sensors) are excellent though I find a certain "grain" to the Exmoor sensor that just grates me the wrong way. The FUJI sensor is wonderful all the way up to 1600 and even usable to 3200 where the Exmoor is well out of gas. I also like the Film Emulator mode of the FUJI a lot. I know it's just a toy, but a fun one!

Have not used the Sigma but the shots seem great. Cant decide if I want a DP or the RX-1 though.

I see a lot of folks who say they shoot at low ISO and "don't need" higher ISO performance, but wonder if that's really true in all cases. I was that way too until I started using cameras that would function well at lower light levels and it has really been a great thing. Suddenly you're not as worried about SS when in A mode or vice versa. As long as you're experimenting, give it a try, you might like it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up