Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One High Speed flash sync. 1/1600  (Read 87241 times)

FredBGG

Re: Phase One High Speed flash sync. 1/1600
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 03:33:40 am »

Fred, I don't know your specific issues and dealer/manufacturer resolve with your medium format equipment, but I'll bet had you bought through the dealers and the factory rep I mentioned your outcome would have been much more positive.

And Fred, also understand I don't write this to defend any one dealer or brand, but I really, really hope this reply isn't used as a segway to start trashing any one camera brand.

IMO

BC

Well if I told you what my problem was it would be trashing a company so I guess I can't answer that. So I won't go through it again.

Here is the story:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/36998-good-bye-medium-format-digital.html?highlight=goodbye+medium+format

FredBGG

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2012, 04:37:58 am »

It all depends on your experience.

I find my dealings with equipment to be 180 degrees from yours.
IMO

BC

You own a Contax camera system with a Phase One P30 back right.
My and many other peoples problems were with Phase One AF And DF cameras ... I've told you before. maybe that's why your experience is different.
Regarding your back... I've said it before... the P series backs are nice backs, built like little tanks and really quite nice an simple.

However the most important point is that a picture is worth a thousand words... a side by side comparison is worth even more.

Here is a side by side comparison between a D800 and a 40mp medium format camera:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=69391.0;attach=64261;image

For me it's clear as day....  35mm DSLR D800 matches 40MP MF DSLR quality. I prefer the rest about the camera, the workflow, the ergonomics, way bigger choice of lenses, image stabilization, way better live view, wireless/wired tethering, video, much stronger company and all this is  a simple "over the counter purchase"... no need for a value added dealer to hold my hand throughout the whole thing.

As far as bigger formats go... I'll skip MF Digital because it looks the same as the D800 and I'll rather go to 6x8cm and 8x10 film for totally different looks.
Use 50s Adox formulations, 8x10 paper negatives, traditional post. etc.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:55:59 pm by FredBGG »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2012, 11:42:54 am »

+1 for Yair and Doug both of whom have answered questions and supplied me with documents and information on eves and weekends that no big box internet store could come close.  

Fred, Dealers are not the enemy, nor are the companies like Phase or Hasselblad.  They make products.  People that want them can buy them and people who don't want them don't.   It's simple. There is nothing deeper there.   Dealers make it easy to try out the MFDB first prior to purchase.  If anything dealers help a person become better informed prior to purchase.  The manufacturers support the dealers in this.    

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:29:06 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2012, 11:45:09 am »

If you go to Yelp and read reviews of a restaurant that gets 4 star average and one guy gives it a 1 star rating and rants about all kinds of problems would you believe that guy or the 360 other reviewers?  Most people would think that guy had a bad day or something else was wrong and would discount that rating as a complete outlier. 

Fred you are starting to be that guy that gave the 1 star, the guy that had a bad day or worse.  But its not just one day, it seems to be every day.  :(
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up