Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AgfaScan XY-15, ColorExact driver  (Read 9397 times)

Anaximandre

AgfaScan XY-15, ColorExact driver
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:22:27 pm »

Hi all,

The CD on which was the driver for my AgfaScan XY-15 Plus scanner, and that was already a copy (I bought that scanner used) is severely damaged (the reflective coating is peeling) and therefore unusable.

I need to reinstall the driver, without which the scanner is just another huge piece of furniture. However, while Agfa still has drivers for their low-end and mid-range scanners on a frozen website, the ColorExact driver has never been available as a file to download, and Agfa is unwilling to help (given that they discontinued their scanners in 2001 and divested the whole DTP department in 2005).

The driver is really difficult to find, so I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

A.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: AgfaScan XY-15, ColorExact driver
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:38:35 pm »

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Anaximandre

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:08:27 pm »

Thanks Mark, I already tried to use the contact form/email on this website and have not yet had an answer. In fact, I spent a few days exploring every link (website or forum) that Google could possibly find and that listed  one of the keywords ColorExact, XY-15, AgfaScan, T5000, or T8000 (the other Agfa scanners that use this driver), and I sent emails when there was a bit of hope, but so far have received only one answer from someone who does not have the driver CD either and could only provide me with the files installed on his computer..

paulvr

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:44:50 am »

Hi, I am new here, actually found this site by reading your message through google. I too managed to obtain this scanner. I contacted mr. Brakensieck (I can speak German) and I did get a reply. Unfortunately he is a supplier to the professional industry and the price level he uses even for second hand hard- and software is one that goes far beyond we as ordinary amateurs can afford.

Did you ever succeed in getting the Windows software for this scanner? I do find something called SilverFast on the internet but I assume that by itself won't do the job because one would also need specific drivers. Someone else advices me that it would only work on XP or less which is no problem for me, I also assume that one would need to use a SCSI card in the PC but I'm not sure about that either. Any help or comments are most welcome!

Anaximandre

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:06 am »

I did manage to get the Mac software, but not the Windows one...

jaapb

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:35:26 am »

I did manage to get the Mac software, but not the Windows one...
Apparently the Agfa XY-15 is identical to the Fuji C-550 Lanovia, this may widen your search possibilities and maybe Fuji is more cooperative.
These look like very expensive scanners, so you could just buy a cheap Mac to drive the Agfa if you can't find suitable Windows software.

Jaap

Anaximandre

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:35:51 am »

Jaap: This is exactly what I have done... A powermac G4 MDD 1.25GHz with MacOS9 and MacOSX 10.2.8 works very well to drive this scanner. I am more familiar with PCs and I just wish I could try the Windows driver (I am not sure if it is really usable. I read it was a Windows 2000 driver that could somehow be used with XP, and that it had some stability issues or that it did not always recognize the scanner).
I had tried contacting Fuji but never got any answer..

ronar2

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 02:48:42 pm »

Hello,

I read that you got hold of software for Mac for the Agfa XY-15. I recently acquired an XY-15 .. and I am quite impressed by the quality of the scans and the robustness of the machine. My problem .. the scanner runs on a very old Mac with software alreday installed .. no original software available .. if anything go wrong I cannot help myself (in addition I am a rather complete idiot when it comes to computers .. I want to avoid that one day my scanner is junk .. if you found a solution to supply me with a copy of Colorexact I would be very grateful .. in addition for any hints based on your experience you had in the meantime ..

have a nice day !

joerg       

Mihcro

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 04:54:01 am »

I  just install back my old XY-15 after almost 10 years. Unfortunate install CD is damaged and old Mac disk also (R.I.P).
I managed to find in garage working G4 with SCSI and OS but I don have driver software for scanner. Can anyone help me with ColorExact for Mac?
Pages: [1]   Go Up