Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out Hartblei  (Read 7655 times)

TMARK

Re: Check out Hartblei
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42:41 pm »

Hartblei represents, to me, the spirit of photography.  No ones and zeros, just innovation and quality products designed to over come limitations.  This is what photography used to be about before digital.

Good going Stephan!  Keep it up.

S@W

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 07:05:21 am »

for S@W

Quite simple - there are no 17mm lenses from Rodenstock or Schneider - so compare with what ?
The 24mm TS-E offers movements even on 80 MPix - the 23mm Rodenstock barely covers !
We do not need LCC nor a centerfilter nor chromaremovement - there is none needed.
Proof: here is a link to a full resolution 80 Mpix shot with an Aptus II 12R on the HCam with 17mm
Take a look and then tell me - compare with what ?

http://www.hcam.de/downloads/Leaf80Mpix_Canon17mmTSE.jpg

Wideangle is right now not really working on Viewcameras, Schneider´s 24mm barely works with 40 Mpix, even their 28 or 35mm have ugly colorshifts.
Rodenstock is a bit better, but for the price of the 23mm you nearly get an HCam-B1 + a TS-E24mm.

I dare to say, actually the hightech Canon TS-E lenses with pressed aspherical glass are representing the top of technological devellopment in wideangle
neither Schneider nor Rodenstock have anything that only comes close,they are simply unable to build this kind of stuff, not to speak of their pricing.

It is fairly snobby to ignore the technological advances that have been made the last few years, especially when you even have not used these.
I agree the nikon PC-E´s are not up to the task. Bad for Nikon users. That´s also the reason why we do not offer a Nikon mount.
The Bajonett is simply too small for the task and will vignette with movements on MF.

Regards
Stefan

I'm sure the Hcam is very strong in its domain of competence. But forget a second about those 17/24mm t/S lenses (17mm = 11mm on a 40*54mm sensor,  this is really, really wide and certainly fun to use at a time but certainly not all the time).
So please let’s talk about more common focal lengths:  discussions regarding 3 or 4 lenses kits options in this forum do speak about 28/35mm – 60/72mm – 90mm or 120mm lenses kits for instance and those focals do fit 95% of my needs too.
I would really like to see which lenses options do exist for HCam in those ranges. Are T/S options available in those ranges ? how do the IQ compare with equivalent Rodenstock HR /Schneider digitar lenses in those ranges?
Without strong facts and figures on these options for those focal lengths, I just can't keep thinking that the HCam is only a (very good but expensive) super wide angle lens option (just the opinion of un inexperienced HCam user that is ready and able to change his mind).

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 07:34:45 am »

S@W

Hartblei also build the worlds finest TS Lenses with 3x 360 degrees Superrotation in a range from 40mm,80mm and 120mm
these are the Optics by Carl Zeiss 4/40mm IF Distagon, the Optics by Carl Zeiss 2,8/80mm Planar and the 4/120mm Makro Planar

see here :  www.hartblei.de  or www.hcam.de

you can also see our newest cine versions with sidefocus here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.274171426028634.57378.122001131245665&type=1

here is a full test of the lenses by Diglloyd

http://diglloyd.com/articles/Hartblei-pub/Main.html

here our 120mm at DPReview

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/hartblei_120_4_pc_n10/

and here is a link to a full res shot with our 80mm with an Aptus II12 R on our HCam-B1 - 4 degr. tilt

http://www.hcam.de/downloads/Hartblei80mm_HCamB1_4degr_tilt_LeafA12.jpg

And you can use long teles- e.g. the Mamiya 645 Apo´s, soon the Mamiya RZ Apo´s (with our RB/RZ->645 Adapter)
Hasselblad Superachromat lenses,  Mirror lenses.............. the list is endless.

We also sell the Mirex TS adapters for Mamiya 645, Pentax 645 and Hasselblad V lenses.

So I think the Rodenstock /Schneider lenses are not needed, but even then if you want those we build a special version (the HCam-B1v)
which can use all Viewcamera lenses from 60mm upwards with your choice of plate and adapter.

regards
Stefan

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:36:42 am by Stefan.Steib »
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

S@W

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:56 am »

Thanks for those links/info, will look at them carefully.

Stefan.Steib

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 10:12:25 am »

Hartblei represents, to me, the spirit of photography.  No ones and zeros, just innovation and quality products designed to over come limitations.  This is what photography used to be about before digital.

Good going Stephan!  Keep it up.

:) Thank You for this Compliment ! That´s better than money and will infact motivate a lot !!!!

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Willow Photography

• http://www.willow.no
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 06:36:21 pm »

Hi Stefan

Have you tested your new light with Nikon D800?
If it works , I want one ( or 2 ) .-)

Do you have any prices now?

Willow

Willow Photography

george2787

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 07:00:07 pm »

Hi George

No Problem, the other alternative base mount is Comet (very common in Asia) and for this there are adapters for about any reflector system on the planet- also Profoto !

Just tell me at order and I will get this for you on special order.

regards
Stefan

I think I'll be waiting to v2... 3 secs recycle is a little bit too much used to profoto gear, but this looks promising ;)

Stefan.Steib

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 09:41:44 pm »

Hi Willow

the price is 995,-€ net off Lindenberg for intro. I will also add a 60x90cm softbox and a dedicated Cable to use Nikon or canon system flashes with the powerpack.
Right now I have only the first batch of testdevices, but so far everything works as described.
The FP Mode is amazing - But I will yet have to test with a Nikon body. But I don´t doubt this will work as with the Canon.
I also take orders now the second batch will be ordered soon.

Regards
Stefan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up