Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead 4900  (Read 830 times)

ThomasR99

Dead 4900
« on: October 15, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »

Good day, colleagues:

Tried to fire up my Epson 4900 this morning, and it appears to have suffered some kind of fatal failure.  Before I call a tech, I'll seek any helpful advice here.

When I attempt to turn it on, I get a brief flash from the indicator lights (usual behavior) and the backlight on the LCD comes on.  After 1-2 seconds, even before the Epson splash-screen comes on, it shuts itself off.  From that point, the only way to get it to begin the power-on process again is to disconnect the power supply cord.  If I just press the power button there is no response.  I get the same result each time.  I tried it about a half-dozen times or so, hoping one time it would get past whatever fatal error it's encountering but no luck.

Any suggestions before I call?  Printer is about 14 months old, gets pretty light use (I still have most of the original starter cartridges in!), but I do run frequent nozzle checks etc, and try to 'exercise' it every 2-3 days if I don't have any printing to do.

Thanks. all!
Thomas.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Dead 4900
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 02:43:25 pm »

Never had this experience with mine, so I have no suggestions, apart from speculating that it sounds like a hardware or firmware failure that is not user-fixable; if so best to call Epson Prographics  for assistance.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up