Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do 100mm filter holders work w Hasselblad CF 40mm lens?  (Read 2665 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Do 100mm filter holders work w Hasselblad CF 40mm lens?
« on: October 15, 2012, 01:20:56 pm »

I want to use ND filters with my Hasselblad CF 40mm lens but I am concerned about vignetting. I am looking at 100mm filter holders from Cokin, Lee and Hitech and at circular filters which I will probably have to use with a step-up adapter ring because I have not found any 93mm filters, only 95mm ones.

So, what is your experience?

I would prefer to work with a 100mm filter holder because it will also allow me to use graduated ND filters. Will they cause vignetting? What alternatives are available?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: Do 100mm filter holders work w Hasselblad CF 40mm lens?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:34 pm »

probably not with the Lee 100mm filter holder as long as you use their wide angle lens adapter . The lens adapter ring  is the bit that screws on the lens and that the filter holder attaches to. Lee's wide angle lens adapters push the filter holder mount back so  it's back plate is parallel to the front of the lens.

MrSmith

Re: Do 100mm filter holders work w Hasselblad CF 40mm lens?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:41:10 pm »

You can have filters made to fit the lens hood. I have a yellow, red and green for black and white, think they are B&W. Lee will also cut you a filter to 93mm if you ask nicely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up