Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr4 Speed Much Improved  (Read 2223 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Lr4 Speed Much Improved
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »

I have not done any scientific tests, but when Lr4 first came out I was among the many people complaining about its speed. Sluggishness was particularly noticeable with multiple adjustment brush pins and graduated filters. With Lr4.2, even with numerous adjustment brush points an a couple of filters, slider delay is minimal.

I have no idea what the problem was or what Adobe did to fix it, but I can see a big improvement. Thank you, Adobe.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

stamper

Re: Lr4 Speed Much Improved
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:32:13 am »

I would agree with your sentiments but I suspect that a few aren't still satisfied? What I would like to see is a future version that has all the components that Photoshop has at the current price of LR. ;)

Simon Garrett

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02:35 am »

I would agree with your sentiments but I suspect that a few aren't still satisfied?
I never had major problems on my 2-year-old i7 machine, but 4.2 does appear a bit quicker.  The only delay: about a 4-5 second delay the first time into Develop Module after running LR.
What I would like to see is a future version that has all the components that Photoshop has at the current price of LR. ;)
Yes, and I'd like to to cure all know diseases and eliminate famine too ;)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:33:46 am »

I, too, have noticed the delay when going into the develop module, but I had not associated it with any particular revision. I hadn't figured out that it only happens the first time, but that may be the case; I just assumed it was kind of random and didn't give it much concern.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Derry

• http://
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »

sure can't say I'm impressed with any speed increase,, was thinking of going back to 4.0,,

I bought a new tower running I7 and 16 gig of ram,, it blazes though about anything I throw at it but the 4.2 actually seems slower on most all items,,

having never done any video the new 800E has offered a few nice test for me,, 4.2 is really slow exporting a file to a folder on the desktop,, reminded me of the dial up days seeing that bar craw so slow,,

I do like LR but never say it is really fast,,

Derry

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 04:36:47 pm »

Yes, I've seen things improve from 4b > 4.1 > 4.2

Process 2012 is significantly better in processing images, but it's a serious annoyance that I've had to spend nearly six times the cost of the LR software upgrade to upgrade my hardware to make it run as smoothly as LR3.

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 11:33:04 pm »

FWIW, I didn't measure anything but don't see any speed gap between LR3.6 and LR4.2 (didn't pass through earlier LR4 versions).
I got a modest setup (AthlonIIX4 645, 12GB RAM) but only one HD screen so far and 12-15MP files.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up