Author Topic: Eh?  (Read 3105 times)

michswiss

Eh?
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:46:20 am »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Eh?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 11:27:44 am »

Yes! I hope you also posted this one on Documentary to relieve the procession of boring family snapshots by the "artist in residence."

Very nice Jennifer. It's street.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

nemo295

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:21 am »

I would like it better if there were more tonal separation between his right leg, his shirt, the top of his head and the wall.

As it is he kind of gets sucked into the wall's blackness.

WalterEG

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 03:39:53 pm »

As it is he kind of gets sucked into the wall's blackness.

I wonder if that is necessarily a bad thing?  Perhaps it was the motivation or the intent.

nemo295

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

I wonder if that is necessarily a bad thing?  Perhaps it was the motivation or the intent.

Whether or not it's a bad thing depends on your opinion of the image. But the artist's intent has nothing to do with my opinion of it.

michswiss

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:23 pm »

I played with the image a lot to try to create more tonal separation of his head from the background.  This was the happy middle ground after the editing session.  I might go back and give it another try.  Thanks for the feedback.

stamper

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 04:34:10 am »

What about using Photoshop's replace colour?

michswiss

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 05:31:28 am »

Well, given I don't currently own Photoshop it might be an expensive one-off edit.  Also it sounds like a pretty big changing of the setting.  Sort of along the lines of cloning out the person tripping the subject in question.  :D

stamper

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 06:59:31 am »

Personally I haven't used the replace colour in a long time but easily done by clicking on the wall on the right and changing the colour to something that contrasts or complements. The person wouldn't be affected. Also the lines that are running off could be straightened? I am surprised that nobody has mentioned it though it doesn't particularly bother me because I am not looking for perfection...only a pleasing image. :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:02:12 am by stamper »

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

Nice shot, Jennifer; if I was to change anything, all I'd do is darken down the bright central part of the street. I don't think it helps focus the gaze - more the opposite: a distraction for the eye away from the guy.

Verticals? What's wrong with them? This is street! Make it perfect and it'll suck; it depends on the sensation, the impression (at least)  of speed and grab.

;-)

Rob C

stamper

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 04:27:04 am »

Maybe the verticals represent the economy falling into a pit? However I will leave that thought for another thread. ;)

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 04:42:09 am »

Maybe the verticals represent the economy falling into a pit? However I will leave that thought for another thread. ;)

Interesting take, stamper; might even represent the economy expanding upwards, with the young man climbing up from the pit to face the new dawn!

I like to be positive! (Rolls his eyes at the thought.)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up