Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: EVF advantages  (Read 18444 times)

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Re: EVF advantages
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:58 am »

For me the biggest advantage is having a zoom in the viewfinder. Does wonders for focusing manual lenses.

WaitingForAnR10

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:22 pm »

Hmmm.  That wasn't obvious from the camera's menu.  I'll check the manual.

Thanks.

Ah!  Got it.  You have to use the touch panel to indicate the point of focus and activate the 5x magnification.  I normally run with the panel reversed to protect the screen, and use the EVF so I don't need glasses to see the panel.

Yes, we have liftoff.  I used the touch screen to activate 5x magnification, and could either touch the "+" or use the dial to increase it to 10x.  Best of all, when I move my eye to the viewfinder, it automatically switches, and keeps the magnification mode.  Neat.

[sigh] But I still miss the viewfinder of my old R7, or any SLR, for that matter.  The experience isn't the same, even if I can make it work.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 03:37:50 am »

Hi,

SLRs have been around for 76 years, the first one being Ihagee Kine Exakta. Viewfinders on these early models were awful. I have seen plenty of Hasselblads in the 80-es and the viewfinders were not impressive at all. The viewfinder on my Pentax 67 from 1993 doesn't have a chance compared to the viewfinder of my Sony Alpha 900. Development have been impressive in those 76 years.

In comparison, EVF still is wearing baby shoes.

Best regards
Erik

Yes, we have liftoff.  I used the touch screen to activate 5x magnification, and could either touch the "+" or use the dial to increase it to 10x.  Best of all, when I move my eye to the viewfinder, it automatically switches, and keeps the magnification mode.  Neat.

[sigh] But I still miss the viewfinder of my old R7, or any SLR, for that matter.  The experience isn't the same, even if I can make it work.

Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up