Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Rename and Moving to folder  (Read 3079 times)

jeanvalentin

Batch Rename and Moving to folder
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:46:26 pm »

Hi,

How do you reset the counter for renaming? Currently I have it set as jobname + 3digitcounter. When I rename files, instead of starting the counter from 001 it starts where it was last left off (077 for example).

Also, in LR, a nice feature is that you can select some images (let's say all 1 star) and right click on the folder and you have the option to create a subfolder (I do culled). In C1, you have the option to move them to Selects. Can I change that and pick my own folder? Or can I change where the Selects folder is (I couldn't find anywhere the option but there are many things that are not documented; even after so many years of being around???).

Thanks.
Best,
Valentin

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Batch Rename and Moving to folder
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »

How do you reset the counter for renaming? Currently I have it set as jobname + 3digitcounter. When I rename files, instead of starting the counter from 001 it starts where it was last left off (077 for example).

In the batch rename counter click the small downward pointing arrow in the top right and select "reset counter" or alternatively "set counter" option.

Also, in LR, a nice feature is that you can select some images (let's say all 1 star) and right click on the folder and you have the option to create a subfolder (I do culled). In C1, you have the option to move them to Selects. Can I change that and pick my own folder? Or can I change where the Selects folder is (I couldn't find anywhere the option but there are many things that are not documented; even after so many years of being around???).

Right click (on a mac control click) on a folder in the library and click "set as Selects folder"

For culling there are several advantages to using smart albums so that no moving of the original file is required.

Both features are documented in the free online user guide. http://help.phaseone.com/en/CO6/Organizing-Photos/Folders.aspx (also downloadable as a PDF)

If, like me, you find it incredibly dull and not all that productive to read a manual then I suggest the free youtube videos and paid formal online Capture One training. There you can watch and listen in real time, ask questions, and see practical hands on examples.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:31:57 pm by Doug Peterson »

jeanvalentin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 03:50:22 am »

Thanks for your help Doug.

I have all the videos that Phase One have on Youtube but there are MANY things that are not covered. I'll take a look at the manual.
Best,
Valentin

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:16:28 am »

Well yes, there are many things not covered in the YouTube series - it's not meant to be an all inclusive training series. It's meant as an introduction to the software that is easy to understand for newcomers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up