Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 clogged magenta head but....  (Read 1212 times)

PIsaacs

3800 clogged magenta head but....
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:49:06 am »

I've profiled my 3800 with my new Colormunki and the printed colors are spot on. Yet the nozzle head check indicates about 1/3rd of the magenta nozzle is clogged. (I've tried both the power cleaning and the windex methods but no luck.) How accurate is the nozzle check? And should I just consider myself lucky and not worry about it?

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
Re: 3800 clogged magenta head but....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:10:33 pm »

I've profiled my 3800 with my new Colormunki and the printed colors are spot on. Yet the nozzle head check indicates about 1/3rd of the magenta nozzle is clogged. (I've tried both the power cleaning and the windex methods but no luck.) How accurate is the nozzle check? And should I just consider myself lucky and not worry about it?

If you print a solid block of magenta you will definitely see banding. In normal photographs you might see some banding in areas where magenta ink is called for.

I also have a 3800 that has some problems with the magenta channel. It started with just one bar missing in a nozzle check and over time it now has a few more bars missing. All my other colors are fine. My attempts at cleaning and Windex have also not worked. Overall though, I really can't complain as I have been using the printer heavily for about 5 years and have certainly gotten my moneys worth out of it.

~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

PIsaacs

Re: 3800 clogged magenta head but....
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:21:11 am »

I thought there would be banding, but in pictures with a lot of magenta and in the color blocks printed out by colormunki there was none. So I was wondering how "accurate" is the Epson nozzle print out. Well, it's always the magenta which gives people problems with the 3800 so I'll be happy as long as the prints are ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up