Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any color-aware multimedia HDD?  (Read 1382 times)

Pantoned

• http://www.arnauanglada.com/
Any color-aware multimedia HDD?
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:10:16 pm »

So I'm starting to digitize my family collection of slides.Several thousands probably. This is something I've delayed many times and I will definetly only do it once in my life (I hope). Anyway I'm planning on storing the photos in adobergb lzw compressed TIF. As there are severeal kodachromes I think adobergb will be enought.

My idea was to make two different backups of the photos, one in a normal external hd, and the other in a multimeda hd. The reason is simple, my parents will be more likely to enjoy the photos if they are readily available in the TV than in the computer. So I'm looking for a multimedia hd for the tv that could read adobrgb tifs (around 16-20mp). I couldn't find any using google and I'm starting to believe they probably don't exist. Besides this, I'm not sure this kind of devices have a decent cpu to display images fast. The alternative would be to build a small htpc, but it would be more expensive and I would need to use a small ethernet switch to make the backups.

Thanks is advanced for any sugestion.
---------------------------------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up