Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's real quiet again. Version 4 must still be a ways off.  (Read 5858 times)

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
It's real quiet again. Version 4 must still be a ways off.
« on: October 05, 2012, 11:15:14 am »

Now that Mountain Lion is out and the summer is gone, I'd have hoped to have seen v4. There was so much built up anticipation last Spring.

I'm ready for lens corrections and better noise reduction.

Maybe the delay is for the next big revolution in RAW workflow software. But I'm beginning to doubt that Apple has the horsepower to catch up to Lightroom. :(
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
Re: It's real quiet again. Version 4 must still be a ways off.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »

Horsepower? Apple has enough cash to buy Adobe outright, and still have $100 billion left over. I have no doubt that if they decided it was a priority, they could bury Lightroom. But sadly, it doesn't appear to be all that important to Apple.
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:35:28 am »

Aperture 3.4 has an updated RAW converter (v4.0) for recent (say, last 3 years) cameras.  It's worth a look  ;)

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:13 am »

Aperture 3.4 has an updated RAW converter (v4.0) for recent (say, last 3 years) cameras.  It's worth a look  ;)

They have been good, lately, at keeping camera support current. Much more so than a year, or so, ago.

But the program itself has fallen well behind Lightroom in the areas of noise reduction, lens correction, highlight recovery and sharpening. These are all critical areas for final image quality. Those moving from Aperture to Lightroom often mention the need for the highest image quality.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up