Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popiltah lake  (Read 2157 times)

IanBrowne

Popiltah lake
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:57:32 pm »

A rare sight in far west new south wales (Aust). This lake only fills after big floods up north. It can be empty for years but it has been filled twice in two years. It was over a 300 KM return drive to get this photo, although I drive a road train past it every work day. The lake is south of Broken Hill.

Heavily edited in PS and LR

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Popiltah lake
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:31:03 pm »

I like the slim separation between water and sky. Nice color and mood.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:06:33 pm »

Beautiful colours and quite a scene, really. Given my background in creating classic landscapes with strong foreground anchors, I can't believe I'm about to ask this question... Did you happen to shoot the scene without the foreground? Exactly like it is but without the foreground log would make a very compelling photograph with wonderful negative space in the foreground.

Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

IanBrowne

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:14:16 am »

Thanks Chris, I appreciated your comment

Did you happen to shoot the scene without the foreground? Exactly like it is but without the foreground log would make a very compelling photograph with wonderful negative space in the foreground.

Thanks Terry; here are a couple of others from the same day.   I do a lot of image rotating in my editing in get a better composition

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:57:38 am »

Lovely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up