Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: canon 9500 printing on non-paper materials?  (Read 1414 times)

psawyer

canon 9500 printing on non-paper materials?
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:07:07 pm »

I'm considering purchase of a canon 9500, and am new to this.  My main interest is giclee printing of my original digital art, and am wondering what exactly this entry-level printer is capable of.  In searching through the forums here, I see that this printer is capable of printing on canvas, yet there doesn't appear to be a "recommended" type or brand.  How do I find out or figure out what canvas would be best for this printer?  Do icc profiles exist for using canvas with the 9500, either from canon or the canvas manufacturer?  Does the printer driver have settings for printing on canvas, as it does for various paper types?  Also, does the margin issue exist for printing on canvas, as it does for fine art paper?

Has anyone here used metal sheets with this printer?  Printing on metal seems attractive to me, and I'm wondering if the 9500 is capable of it.
Is the 9500 also capable of printing on vinyl? 
What about coroplast?  Or is that too thick?
For metal / vinyl / coroplast, I also have the same questions about how icc profiles and driver settings are handled, and if the margin issue also exists here. 

I seem to be leaning towards the 9500 because it's a 10 pigment ink printer that fits into my (small) budget, and seems like it would be capable of most of what I would want it to do.  Or is there another printer that would offer more medium choices beyond paper and canvas, at the same price, and equal or better quality?

Pages: [1]   Go Up