Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Untitled  (Read 1406 times)

Riaan van Wyk

Untitled
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:44:02 pm »

Thoughts please?

WalterEG

Re: Untitled
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »

You are a brave soul with brave soles.

I like it but feel it may be a tad muted to convey the true strength of the forces at play.

W

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:14:42 pm »

+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:15:59 pm »

Riaan,
Good for the soul and soles. These places are the life pleasures. I see what Walter is saying. The longer I looked  the more I questioned why it was so alive, but held back... Finally, covering the severe limb squarely into the upper left was the culprit. It just grabs on to the dynamic flow and locks it there in that corner leaving the subtleties of the rest of the frame unable to stand their ground.

Can appreciate with the sun (earth) changing the opportunity for the shot not a lot of chance to work around it, but a careful look at the edges of the frame in the viewfinder or on screen might have freed the dynamic. Just block out that left corner limb and see what you think. Thats the hitch of the image for me...(and wish my legs were in that sea, thank you)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:22:48 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

RobbieV

• My work.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:39 pm »

I have to agree with Patricia. The wood extending to the top left of the frame draws my eye away from the photo. This has great potential though, and if I were you'd I'd go back and explore a bit more.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 02:29:15 am »

Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts. I think I have found the problem to my "muted" presentations here and previous- will fix it in the future.

Pages: [1]   Go Up