Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: The Digital Negative (book)?  (Read 26062 times)
Tony Jay

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 06:15:49 AM »
ReplyReply

It is absolutely possible to automate both Lightroom and Photoshop individually.
I do not know of an advertised way of automating Lightroom and Photoshop together for the purpose of a "one-click" command to round trip images through both applications and back again.
Lets see if anyone else has any ideas.

Tony Jay
john beardsworth

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
ReplyReply

One way would be via a Photoshop droplet which you'd then set up in LR as an external editor ("Edit With") or alternatively as a Post Processing Step (bottom of the Export dialog). Beyond that you're into the realm of scripting two distinct apps, which can be enormous fun....

John

www.beardsworth.co.uk   www.lightroomsolutions.com

Ignoring all posts from: "AlterEgo" "deeejjaaa"
vulture

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »
ReplyReply

There was once (up to PS 2 if I remember well) "Automator action" - you could write a round trip to PS & back to automate or batch-process your workflow.
I didn't find anything similar for LR 4 & PS 6. Not being really familiar with Apple scripting - maybe there is somebody knowledgeable out there?
john beardsworth

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
ReplyReply

You can't really automate LR with AppleScript/Automator. The nearest you can get is triggering a Photoshop script (better JavaScript rather than AppleScript or VB) directly from Lightroom, but you'd have to write that a Lightroom plug-in using LR's Lua coding language and include lots of other code to watch for images output by Photoshop. So for practical purposes, the best way to do it is as I said earlier - launching a droplet via "edit with".

kikashi

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:27 PM »
ReplyReply

You can't really automate LR with AppleScript/Automator. The nearest you can get is triggering a Photoshop script (better JavaScript rather than AppleScript or VB) directly from Lightroom, but you'd have to write that a Lightroom plug-in using LR's Lua coding language and include lots of other code to watch for images output by Photoshop. So for practical purposes, the best way to do it is as I said earlier - launching a droplet via "edit with".

You might get quite a long way with interface scripting (tell "System Events").

Jeremy
john beardsworth

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Possibly. I don't think it's worth the effort though.

NikoJorj

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 06:15:53 AM »
ReplyReply

A bump for this great book, and a question for Jeff : do you know of any translations in the making?

When I point to your book on french forums, some of my foreign-language-impaired fellow countrymen (which actually means circa 90% of them I'm afraid) often regret it is written in English...

Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Schewe

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
ReplyReply

When I point to your book on french forums, some of my foreign-language-impaired fellow countrymen (which actually means circa 90% of them I'm afraid) often regret it is written in English...

I believe a French translation is in the works. But I'm not directly involved and have no info about when...sorry.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to: