Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Digital Negative (book)?  (Read 37154 times)

Tony Jay

Re: The Digital Negative (book)?
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 06:15:49 am »

It is absolutely possible to automate both Lightroom and Photoshop individually.
I do not know of an advertised way of automating Lightroom and Photoshop together for the purpose of a "one-click" command to round trip images through both applications and back again.
Lets see if anyone else has any ideas.

Tony Jay

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 07:07:42 am »

One way would be via a Photoshop droplet which you'd then set up in LR as an external editor ("Edit With") or alternatively as a Post Processing Step (bottom of the Export dialog). Beyond that you're into the realm of scripting two distinct apps, which can be enormous fun....

John

vulture

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »

There was once (up to PS 2 if I remember well) "Automator action" - you could write a round trip to PS & back to automate or batch-process your workflow.
I didn't find anything similar for LR 4 & PS 6. Not being really familiar with Apple scripting - maybe there is somebody knowledgeable out there?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »

You can't really automate LR with AppleScript/Automator. The nearest you can get is triggering a Photoshop script (better JavaScript rather than AppleScript or VB) directly from Lightroom, but you'd have to write that a Lightroom plug-in using LR's Lua coding language and include lots of other code to watch for images output by Photoshop. So for practical purposes, the best way to do it is as I said earlier - launching a droplet via "edit with".

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:27 pm »

You can't really automate LR with AppleScript/Automator. The nearest you can get is triggering a Photoshop script (better JavaScript rather than AppleScript or VB) directly from Lightroom, but you'd have to write that a Lightroom plug-in using LR's Lua coding language and include lots of other code to watch for images output by Photoshop. So for practical purposes, the best way to do it is as I said earlier - launching a droplet via "edit with".

You might get quite a long way with interface scripting (tell "System Events").

Jeremy

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

Possibly. I don't think it's worth the effort though.

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 06:15:53 am »

A bump for this great book, and a question for Jeff : do you know of any translations in the making?

When I point to your book on french forums, some of my foreign-language-impaired fellow countrymen (which actually means circa 90% of them I'm afraid) often regret it is written in English...
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2013, 01:41:33 pm »

When I point to your book on french forums, some of my foreign-language-impaired fellow countrymen (which actually means circa 90% of them I'm afraid) often regret it is written in English...

I believe a French translation is in the works. But I'm not directly involved and have no info about when...sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up