Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glad to hear that Michael tests the Alpha 99...  (Read 4272 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Glad to hear that Michael tests the Alpha 99...
« on: September 30, 2012, 01:31:47 am »

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that Michael tests the Alpha 99. The main reason I am glad is not that I look forward to his excellent review, but foremost to hear that Michael's recovery allows him to work with a heavy DSLR kit for a prolonged period. That is really good news!

Now, regarding the review, I guess that if Michael likes it I'm getting 26000 SEK poorer (Camera and RRS L-plate). I ordered my RX100 a couple of minutes after reading Michaels review. Reading Michaels reviews is expensive, but the net result is satisfaction.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

peterv

• facebook
Re: Glad to hear that Michael tests the Alpha 99...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »

+1
I bought into the Sony Alpha system after reading Michael's review of the A900.
Very pleased to hear you're on job again, Michael!

Iwill

• http://www.IrvsArt.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:05:10 am »

+2

I too am eagerly anticipating Michel's upcoming review of the Sony a99.  His reviews are really the most helpful for me because they deal with the important points of actual use for real photography.  He talks about what really matters.  Thanks, Michael!  Your review of the a900 helped me in deciding to purchase that camera, and it has been a great camera for my needs for the past four years.  I can't wait to hear what you find when you take the a99 out into the field and put it to use. 

Regards,

Irv

HSway

• Sunwaysite
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:58 pm »

+3 wholeheartedly

I think he is still going through difficult times requiring lots of patience. There are things that have to come first before anything else regardless of how naturally active and spirited character one can be. So I’d, against all my instincts, encourage Michael towards the patience as well. and may be more all the good people to realize that there is no speeding up where the best possible course is to be taken.

Best regards,

Hynek

tnargs

• Just testing, very testing
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »

Michael, rather than sue you, I'm going to suggest a name of DSLFM (fixed mirror) for these Sony's. Anyway, the competition should be called DSLRM for the sake of clarity, shoudn't they?

;)
“Symbolism exists to adorn and enrich, n

michael

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:24 am »

No. Better if you sued.  :)

jnmoore

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 01:03:50 am »

Michael,

Very thoughtful review. I was particularly interested in your comments re the EVF vs OVF.

I'm finding my Canon MarkII kit and tripod to be getting heavier at 66 than it was when I bought it! I'm planning to move to a compact system camera (or whatever else it may be called) and am now pondering the Fuji X-Pro1 or the non OVF X-E1 which costs a lot less considering my resources. Should I really go for the Pro1 with OVF?

I do landscape work, mostly on a tripod, often HDR, and mostly manual focus using magnified live view. No complants with my Canon except for the system weight. I need a lighter kit to carry anywhere. I know you've used the GH2 and NEX7 and probably the OMD. I'm a bit bent towards IQ (do large prints) so lean towards APS-C as a minimum, especially the Fuji which seems to have a very good IQ. Could be wrong?

Any comments much appreciated.

John

michael

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:07 am »

I think that we've reached the point where the IQ difference between APS-C and 4/3 is minimimal.

I'd choose a new camera based on how it feels, lens selection, features, etc. Have fun shopping.

M

MatthewCromer

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 09:14:45 am »

The Fuji sensor is good for low-light work, not very good for landscape work (due to the lack of color resolution due to the special sensor design).

For landscapes in this category, the Sony 24MP sensor is the place to be.

Iwill

• http://www.IrvsArt.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 01:29:27 pm »

John, for your stated requirements and style of working, I'd suggest that the Sigma DP2M might be an excellent candidate.  It sounds almost tailor-made for what you are looking for, and you couldn't get any better image quality for big prints.  Have a read through the half-dozen or so threads here on the LL discussion forum and have a close read of Michael's review of it.  I'm very tempted to get one myself!

Irv
Pages: [1]   Go Up