Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art Investment World's Pants Dropped Once More in Public  (Read 7095 times)

Rob C

Re: Art Investment World's Pants Dropped Once More in Public
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 05:30:48 pm »

Russ, I suspect that Pierre is probably right insofar as the upcoming generations are concerned. I've noticed that my own granddaughters have a totally different approach to entertainment than do I, and not just towards entertainment, but towards almost everything that we all do. It seems to be a matter of priorites, as well, but that may just be because in my case at least, it took a lot of years for me to understand the common sense in many of the older folks in the family; a hell of a lot of old sayings are actually on the money, but why should the young see that - how could the young know? I guess everyone needs to make their own mistakes.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Art Investment World's Pants Dropped Once More in Public
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed that too, Rob --  in my own sons and in my 17 grandkids. It goes right back to "Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them." Seems everybody has to learn the hard way. That appears to be especially true in politics, as I watch Bernanke try the same old Keynesian pipe dream over and over again that's failed over and over again. Wasn't that Einstein's definition of insanity?

On the other hand, when I can spend a minute or two not gnashing my teeth about the blindness of our politicians, I realize the fact that kids don't know "you can't do that," sometimes leads to one or two of them proving you can do that. Personal computers come to mind as do digital cameras.

Age has its advantages.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up