Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving from Silver Efex Pro 2  (Read 2091 times)

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
Saving from Silver Efex Pro 2
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:39:25 am »

This problem has perhaps already been dealt with on this forum, but I can't effectively narrow down adequate wording for a search query.

When going from Lightroom to my Silver Efex Pro 2 plug-in for processing a particular photo, when I save back to LR my SEP photo I am then taken out of SEP and must reenter (reboot) it in order to process if I choose the same LR photo differently.  This is a real time-consuming nuisance.  Does anyone know of some way to keep SEP "open" and not have to be "re-booted" after each separate SEP processing procedure?
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Saving from Silver Efex Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 08:27:53 pm »

I don't so, in CS5 and 6 you can save the output as a smart object but I think you would have to reopen silverefex pro again to do anything.

In LR, when I work with any of the nik plugins the process is the same as you describe it.  You save the file and you are taken out of the nik tool that is open back to LR.  I called nik/google the other day on this very subject was told that for now this is the way it works.  My question was on HDR efex 2 which has the same issue of taking you out every time you save.

I personally would like to stay in the plug-in and make changes and save another version or several versions. 

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up