Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rz67 Pro II - Brightscreen Samples  (Read 7966 times)

RyuuzakiJulio

• ファッションカメラマン
    • Ryuuzaki Julio & Taelin
Rz67 Pro II - Brightscreen Samples
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:29:12 am »

Could anyone provide some sample shoots of the brightness difference between some focusing screens?
I have the original and I don't feel is that bad, but then again I have never seen the Maxwell on use. Anyone care to share?

Ryu 8)

Aryan Aqajani

Aryan Aqajani - Photographer in Melbourne, Australia
Website | Blog | Facebook

RyuuzakiJulio

• ファッションカメラマン
Re: Rz67 Pro II - Brightscreen Samples
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 01:31:55 am »

Hope this helps :) http://aryanaqajani.com/2012/05/bill-maxwell-hi-lux-brilliant-matte-screen-review/

Thank you. But that's the only one I've seen. Kinda was especting some color ones or different images.

billthecat

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:28:02 am »

Is it possible to buy from Bill Maxwell? I can't find a real Web page for him. I have a Brightscreen and I have trouble focusing in dim light, though I know Frank Doorhoof doesn't have any trouble.

Bill

Aryan Aqajani

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:27:16 am »

Thank you. But that's the only one I've seen. Kinda was especting some color ones or different images.

I just used my x100 in a very awkward way to photograph the viewfinder. Believe me, it is totally brighter than the original screen and makes focusing much more easier, specially the matte screen! I can say it is at least 2 stops brighter than the original one!

Aryan Aqajani

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:24 am »

Is it possible to buy from Bill Maxwell? I can't find a real Web page for him. I have a Brightscreen and I have trouble focusing in dim light, though I know Frank Doorhoof doesn't have any trouble.

Bill

Just send him an email, maxwellprecisionoptics at yahoo DOT com

Franks Doorhof do use a bright screen with his RZ67 Pro II however, not made by Bill Maxwell, just Brightscreen! He had problem focusing with the original screen in his studio, just read this http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/2011/02/review-mamiya-rz67proii/

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »

i have no experience with "bright screens". I did however try and order a bright screen for my 5dmk3 off the site the other day, but sadly the owner of brightscreens has passed away recently and the business is in limbo.

I have just brought a maxwell screen for my contax 645. Its a massive improvement- must be at least a couple of stops brighter and really "pops" into focus when focusing manually.

bill maxwell is a kind of old school physics guy- doesn't have a website, and when you give him a call you cant stop him talking about all the physics involved with the design of screens. A really nice guy.

you can contact him by email- maxwellprecisionoptics@yahoo.com or phone him 1-770-939/6644

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

Aryan Aqajani

RyuuzakiJulio

• ファッションカメラマン
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 05:09:35 am »

UPDATED http://aryanaqajani.com/2012/05/bill-maxwell-hi-lux-brilliant-matte-screen-review/

Still the only comparison review on the whole Internet. The color photos are pretty convincing, I didn't had trouble focusing at all because most of time I was using only the center circle. Seems like that Maxwell screen is as bright as the center of the original but all across the glass. Amazing, that could really help out on normal shoots where 99% of the time I am not trying to focus something on the center.

I much appreciate it, and shared your blogpost on my Facebook wall. Thank you very much Aryan-San!

Ryu 8)

Aryan Aqajani

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 05:51:33 am »

Still the only comparison review on the whole Internet. The color photos are pretty convincing, I didn't had trouble focusing at all because most of time I was using only the center circle. Seems like that Maxwell screen is as bright as the center of the original but all across the glass. Amazing, that could really help out on normal shoots where 99% of the time I am not trying to focus something on the center.

I much appreciate it, and shared your blogpost on my Facebook wall. Thank you very much Aryan-San!

Ryu 8)

Thanks for the link on your facebook page man  :D

I know that my review is the only one about the Bill Maxwell screens, hopefully it can give some idea to photographers what they are purchasing!

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 06:32:34 am »

To compare what large format shooters say you can search here www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/

RyuuzakiJulio

• ファッションカメラマン
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 06:50:08 am »

To compare what large format shooters say you can search here www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/

Yeah a lot of people "talks" about it. But only Aryan has posted sample photos to compare the original to the Maxwell screen. Specially for the RZ67. Many people says they got one an that they are good but no one could share really visible information.
For what I've heated those things are not cheap at all compared to the original focusing screen is like 1000% more expensive (literally). And to spend that much on a product with just words its kinda hard unless the words come from someone I could trust with spending that amount just cuz this or that person "talk" about it.
But photos. I don't even need to read nothing, 2 photos, Original and Maxwell. Same settings and that's all I need to know. So easy but no one bothered sharing some samples.

Again I must say, thank you Aryan.

(btw I downloaded your iPhone app, cheers!)

Aryan Aqajani

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 07:53:30 am »

Yeah a lot of people "talks" about it. But only Aryan has posted sample photos to compare the original to the Maxwell screen. Specially for the RZ67. Many people says they got one an that they are good but no one could share really visible information.
For what I've heated those things are not cheap at all compared to the original focusing screen is like 1000% more expensive (literally). And to spend that much on a product with just words its kinda hard unless the words come from someone I could trust with spending that amount just cuz this or that person "talk" about it.
But photos. I don't even need to read nothing, 2 photos, Original and Maxwell. Same settings and that's all I need to know. So easy but no one bothered sharing some samples.

Again I must say, thank you Aryan.

(btw I downloaded your iPhone app, cheers!)

Thanks mate, appreciate it  :D

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:47:21 am »

I also have a Maxwell matte only screen and can confirm its brighter and more contrasty than the stock Mamiya. The Mamiya, however, is far from bad and can be rather close in performance in good light. Another advantage of the Maxwell is that its clearly easier to focus on spots nearer to the edges, but as you know focus accuracy is best in the center. Since the Maxwell screens are expensive, I think its worthwhile if you use the RZ a fair bit or in poorer light, less so if you use it occasionally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up